Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Plaxo

Plaxo

Kookaburra

Can anybody tell me about this outfit please. I have a friend who has
downloaded some software which supposedly updates her address book.
So far I have received 5 emails from them to confirm. Reading their
Privacy agreement I'm not convinced that it's a secure site and seeing
the information they have on me I'm ****ed off with my friend.

http://www.plaxo.com/

Cheers, Kooky

Cheers, Kooky

Dogg

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:58:34 +1300, Kookaburra
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.plaxo.com/

Looks like a load of BS to me. If you can't keep your own contacts up
to date then what's the point of having them? Your friend has probably
inadvertently got your address on a bunch of spamming lists.

Kookaburra

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:41:35 +1300, Dogg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Looks like a load of BS to me. If you can't keep your own contacts up
>to date then what's the point of having them? Your friend has probably
>inadvertently got your address on a bunch of spamming lists.

Yep, I'd say you're right. I see it's run by the same guy who created
Napster.

In their privacy policy the data that is collected (ie the email
addresses in the web stored address book) would be available to a
potential purchaser of plaxo.

I can't believe people can be sucked in by this BS and disclose other
people's contact information.

Cheers, Kooky

"I make more sense than your addled brain can understand"
- Glenn Fletcher on nz.general

steve

Kookaburra allegedly said:

> Can anybody tell me about this outfit please. I have a friend who has
> downloaded some software which supposedly updates her address book.
> So far I have received 5 emails from them to confirm. Reading their
> Privacy agreement I'm not convinced that it's a secure site and seeing
> the information they have on me I'm ****ed off with my friend.
>
> http://www.plaxo.com/

Looks like web-based organiser....sort of a workgroup thing.

One of the guys at DELL in NZ uses it.....

Kookaburra

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:30:34 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Kookaburra allegedly said:
>
>> Can anybody tell me about this outfit please. I have a friend who has
>> downloaded some software which supposedly updates her address book.
>> So far I have received 5 emails from them to confirm. Reading their
>> Privacy agreement I'm not convinced that it's a secure site and seeing
>> the information they have on me I'm ****ed off with my friend.
>>
>> http://www.plaxo.com/

>Looks like web-based organiser....sort of a workgroup thing.
>
>One of the guys at DELL in NZ uses it.....

I don't know what's wrong with these people. It's like opening up
your house to a stranger and saying come inside and help yourself.
But then again look at all the people that use p2p.

This friend of mine downloads and installs everything she can click
on. Last weekend it was Incredimail and Plaxo on the same day. I'm
forever cleaning her system up but not anymore it was totally
irresponsible disclosing my personal information to a 3rd party
without my consent. I have blacklisted her and I'm bouncing her
emails. I never bounce emails as a rule because of the Joe jobs of
spammers.

Cheers, Kooky

Dave Taylor

Kookaburra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:30:34 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Kookaburra allegedly said:
>>
>>> Can anybody tell me about this outfit please. I have a friend who
>>> has downloaded some software which supposedly updates her address
>>> book. So far I have received 5 emails from them to confirm. Reading
>>> their Privacy agreement I'm not convinced that it's a secure site
>>> and seeing the information they have on me I'm ****ed off with my
>>> friend.
>>>
>>> http://www.plaxo.com/

>>Looks like web-based organiser....sort of a workgroup thing.
>>
>>One of the guys at DELL in NZ uses it.....

> I don't know what's wrong with these people. It's like opening up
> your house to a stranger and saying come inside and help yourself.
> But then again look at all the people that use p2p.
>
> This friend of mine downloads and installs everything she can click
> on. Last weekend it was Incredimail and Plaxo on the same day. I'm
> forever cleaning her system up but not anymore it was totally
> irresponsible disclosing my personal information to a 3rd party
> without my consent. I have blacklisted her and I'm bouncing her
> emails. I never bounce emails as a rule because of the Joe jobs of
> spammers.
>

> Cheers, Kooky

Good for you, maybe she will learn. I wish more people were aware of
these apps. I have told my family to simply google the name +problem
before installing any "helpful" bits and peices. It really opens their
eyes. Ciao, Dave

Plaxo Jack B. Pollack Computer Support 6 03-10-2008 04:59 PM
what's the word on that plaxo contact thing? Troy Piggins Computer Support 4 09-19-2005 02:04 AM
Plaxo Chris Mayhew NZ Computing 11 02-16-2005 09:03 AM
Plaxo Freddy Computer Support 1 09-18-2004 11:44 AM
Re: Plaxo??? trout Computer Support 1 06-22-2003 01:19 AM

Advertisments