Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > hex editor WTD to compare 2 files.

hex editor WTD to compare 2 files.

cowboyz

I would like a hex editor that has the ability to check 2 files and tell me
the difference between them.

Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't have
compare function.]

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, cowboyz sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> I would like a hex editor that has the ability to check 2 files and tell me
> the difference between them.
>
> Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't have
> compare function.]

I don't know of a free one, but ExamDiffPro has binary compare mode.
Works well.
http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro

There are probably others, I'm just telling you one that I have used.
--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Russell Smithies

Aaron Lawrence wrote:
> Suddenly, cowboyz sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
>> I would like a hex editor that has the ability to check 2 files and
>> tell me the difference between them.
>>
>> Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't
>> have compare function.]

> I don't know of a free one, but ExamDiffPro has binary compare mode.
> Works well.
> http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro
>
> There are probably others, I'm just telling you one that I have used.

UltraEdit is my fav.
http://www.ultraedit.com/
will hex and diff any number of files.
it's shareware but there's plenty of serials floating around the 'net.

Russell

cowboyz

Russell Smithies wrote:
> Aaron Lawrence wrote:
>> Suddenly, cowboyz sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
>>> I would like a hex editor that has the ability to check 2 files and
>>> tell me the difference between them.
>>>
>>> Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't
>>> have compare function.]

>> I don't know of a free one, but ExamDiffPro has binary compare mode.
>> Works well.
>> http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro
>>
>> There are probably others, I'm just telling you one that I have used.

> UltraEdit is my fav.
> http://www.ultraedit.com/
> will hex and diff any number of files.
> it's shareware but there's plenty of serials floating around the 'net.
>
> Russell

I actually found and settled on HexCmp. Excellent program.