Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > NAV scanning outgoing email

NAV scanning outgoing email

susie

Hey can someone tell me how to stop NAV scanning my outgoing emails? I have
found the site which refers to my question on symantic but the actual
checkbox isnt on my version of NAV (6.0) which is part of system works. I
just installed N internet security 2004 & now my outgoing mail is scanned.
Someone point me in the right direction or help
Cheers

Nicholas Sherlock

susie wrote:
> Hey can someone tell me how to stop NAV scanning my outgoing emails?
> I have found the site which refers to my question on symantic but the
> actual checkbox isnt on my version of NAV (6.0) which is part of
> system works. I just installed N internet security 2004 & now my
> outgoing mail is scanned. Someone point me in the right direction or
> help
> Cheers

How do you know that it is being scanned? Does the dialog box pop up? Have
you looked through all of the settings panels for Norton Internet Security?
If you can't disable scanning, you should at least be able to disable the
popup window that gives scanning progress.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock