Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > q - 2 jetstart accounts on one phone line?

q - 2 jetstart accounts on one phone line?

Gordon

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:55:45 +1300, Evil Bastard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm approaching my 10GB monthly jetstart cap, even though it's less than
> halfway through my monthly billing cycle. Needless to say, I'm having to
> cut back my usage until the present billing cycle ends.
>
> Question is - can I open a jetstart account with another ISP, on the same
> phone line, and just switch the router from my main ISP to this second ISP
> when I've nearly maxed out the first 10GB?

Why not open up a second account with the *same* ISP and change over when
required?

> Would Telecom have a problem with me trafficking up to 20GB on the one
> jetstart phone line, split between two ISPs?

I doubt it unless you want 2 for the price of one Unless Telecom is
your ISP, then they just supply the ADSL connection. For this you can
shove as much ADSL data as you like down it. Your wallet, via your ISP
will govern though.

Evil Bastard

Hi,

I'm approaching my 10GB monthly jetstart cap, even though it's less than
halfway through my monthly billing cycle. Needless to say, I'm having to
cut back my usage until the present billing cycle ends.

Question is - can I open a jetstart account with another ISP, on the same
phone line, and just switch the router from my main ISP to this second ISP
when I've nearly maxed out the first 10GB?

Would Telecom have a problem with me trafficking up to 20GB on the one
jetstart phone line, split between two ISPs?

Cheers
EB

Nicholas Sherlock

Evil Bastard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm approaching my 10GB monthly jetstart cap, even though it's less
> than halfway through my monthly billing cycle. Needless to say, I'm
> having to cut back my usage until the present billing cycle ends.
>
> Question is - can I open a jetstart account with another ISP, on the
> same phone line, and just switch the router from my main ISP to this
> second ISP when I've nearly maxed out the first 10GB?
>
> Would Telecom have a problem with me trafficking up to 20GB on the one
> jetstart phone line, split between two ISPs?

Telecom shouldn't have a problem. Why don't you get two accounts with the
same ISP? We heard from someone a year or so ago who was doing this with
great success (Until one month he forgot to switch the accounts over.. oops!
That's a lot of dollars!)

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

How hard would it be for Jetstart ISPs to... Evil Bastard NZ Computing 24 09-23-2003 12:49 PM
jetstart ISP's tim NZ Computing 8 09-01-2003 11:56 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Alastair Johnson NZ Computing 3 07-12-2003 07:26 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Nick NZ Computing 4 07-11-2003 10:09 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Peter NZ Computing 1 07-09-2003 07:55 AM

Advertisments