Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Lunix is not for home users...

Lunix is not for home users...

steve

Greg Parker allegedly said:

> Well as I said all along and this confirms it.
>

> " Red Hat's chief executive has said that Linux needs to mature further
> before home users will get a positive experience from the operating
> system, saying they should choose Windows instead.

<feed the troll>

Depends on the home user.

How many home users would know how to regedit the Windows registyr if
required?

How many home users know how to install the WinXP patches BEFORE they
connect to the Internet?

There are many, many issues for Windows users that the "average home user"
hasn't got a blind clue about.

A person who wants Internet access and word processing and to listen to Cds
or watch DVDs will be just as happy on linux as they are on
Windows......and with a lot less hassle.

</feed the troll>

Chris Mayhew

Warwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> mate, can you explain where you got your clock obsession from?
> You are making a career out of checking the times on posts.

Apparently he was late home from the pub one day last week and his misses
threw his dinner in the rubbish bin and told him if he kept using his "my
watch must need new batteries honey" excuse she would refuse to cook at
all.

T.N.O.

harry wrote:
> Its Roger Shephard flamebait, and you know it

Dear I say it, he's right.

T.N.O.

Warwick wrote:
> mate, can you explain where you got your clock obsession from?
> You are making a career out of checking the times on posts.

Getting married soon... one of the few things I can have influence on

T.N.O.

Chris Mayhew wrote:
> Apparently he was late home from the pub one day last week and his misses
> threw his dinner in the rubbish bin and told him if he kept using his "my
> watch must need new batteries honey" excuse she would refuse to cook at
> all.

nice, but I do all the cooking in our household... Im well trained

and better at it

harry

"Chris Mayhew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Warwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > mate, can you explain where you got your clock obsession from?
> > You are making a career out of checking the times on posts.

> Apparently he was late home from the pub one day last week and his misses
> threw his dinner in the rubbish bin and told him if he kept using his "my
> watch must need new batteries honey" excuse she would refuse to cook at
> all.

"Dinners in the dog !" )

T.N.O.

harry wrote:
>>Apparently he was late home from the pub one day last week and his misses
>>threw his dinner in the rubbish bin and told him if he kept using his "my
>>watch must need new batteries honey" excuse she would refuse to cook at
>>all.

> "Dinners in the dog !" )

Two cats, but they don't eat real food, only those crappy little biscuits

harry

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3faa1792$(E-Mail Removed)...
> harry wrote:
> > Its Roger Shephard flamebait, and you know it

> Dear I say it, he's right.

You don't even know me.
No wonder you have AI bots hitting on you !
Try "Dare"

Linux doesn't make a Windows desktop, buy a one of those if you want.
Linux doesn't make a Macintosh buy one of those if you want.
Windows doesn't make a Linux box, make one of those if you want.
Its so simple that you probably won't ever get it.

T.N.O.

harry wrote:
> You don't even know me.
> No wonder you have AI bots hitting on you !
> Try "Dare"

heh, thanks

> Linux doesn't make a Windows desktop, buy a one of those if you want.
> Linux doesn't make a Macintosh buy one of those if you want.
> Windows doesn't make a Linux box, make one of those if you want.
> Its so simple that you probably won't ever get it.

nah, I get it, I just like to wind people up as and when they deserve
it... most in here are easily done.

Jerry

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:33:43 +1300, Jerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rider wrote:
>

>> I've always been of the opinion it isn't for home users. Unless the person
>> at home is pc savvy. But for the average home user, no good at all.

>When LM 8.1 came out I asked my (then) 11 year old daughter if she could
>install it as second OS on my box.
>She reckons it was a no-brainer, LM has been her OS of choice ever since.
>
>Jerry

Why are you using my name?

Jerry