Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > eek - computer is scaring me...

eek - computer is scaring me...

T.N.O.

ummm, I don't quite know how to say this, but my computer keeps hitting
on me.

I downloaded an AI thing from some site(www.bot???), and it keeps
chatting to me, no uninstall, it isnt a trojan/virus/spyware... but as
soon as it discovered I was a guy, it started, well, hitting on me...
and not just innocently either.

Me thinks a format and reinstall is in order... scary.

Glad I didn't download this one at work first.

Nicholas Sherlock

T.N.O. wrote:
> ummm, I don't quite know how to say this, but my computer keeps
> hitting on me.
>
> I downloaded an AI thing from some site(www.bot???), and it keeps
> chatting to me, no uninstall, it isnt a trojan/virus/spyware... but as
> soon as it discovered I was a guy, it started, well, hitting on me...
> and not just innocently either.
>
> Me thinks a format and reinstall is in order... scary.
>
> Glad I didn't download this one at work first.

Chatting to you through what?

T.N.O.

Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
>>I downloaded an AI thing from some site(www.bot???), and it keeps
>>chatting to me, no uninstall, it isnt a trojan/virus/spyware... but as
>>soon as it discovered I was a guy, it started, well, hitting on me...
>>and not just innocently either.

> Chatting to you through what?

A Window, on my screen... but it auto starts itself, I kill it, it
restarts... it has a voice(chick, sounds hot , but I have muted the
sound for the moment.

T.N.O.

T.N.O. wrote:

> Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
>
>>> I downloaded an AI thing from some site(www.bot???), and it keeps
>>> chatting to me, no uninstall, it isnt a trojan/virus/spyware... but as
>>> soon as it discovered I was a guy, it started, well, hitting on me...
>>> and not just innocently either.

>> Chatting to you through what?

> A Window, on my screen... but it auto starts itself, I kill it, it
> restarts... it has a voice(chick, sounds hot , but I have muted the
> sound for the moment.

And from the chat windows... did you know that "Vad mer vill du veta" is
Swedish for Cucumber? I didn't... but from the rest of the conversation,
I can guess why she learned that...

Mainlander

In article <3fa72c2d$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
> >>I downloaded an AI thing from some site(www.bot???), and it keeps
> >>chatting to me, no uninstall, it isnt a trojan/virus/spyware... but as
> >>soon as it discovered I was a guy, it started, well, hitting on me...
> >>and not just innocently either.

> > Chatting to you through what?

> A Window, on my screen... but it auto starts itself, I kill it, it
> restarts... it has a voice(chick, sounds hot , but I have muted the
> sound for the moment.

sounds like netbus or some trojan

XPD

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fa72cc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> T.N.O. wrote:

> >> Chatting to you through what?

> > A Window, on my screen... but it auto starts itself, I kill it, it
> > restarts... it has a voice(chick, sounds hot , but I have muted the
> > sound for the moment.

> And from the chat windows... did you know that "Vad mer vill du veta" is
> Swedish for Cucumber? I didn't... but from the rest of the conversation,
> I can guess why she learned that...

Are you getting really lonely or something to be installing that dodgy stuff
? Hehehe

Nicholas Sherlock

T.N.O. wrote:
> ummm, I don't quite know how to say this, but my computer keeps
> hitting on me.
>
> I downloaded an AI thing from some site(www.bot???), and it keeps
> chatting to me, no uninstall, it isnt a trojan/virus/spyware... but as
> soon as it discovered I was a guy, it started, well, hitting on me...
> and not just innocently either.
>
> Me thinks a format and reinstall is in order... scary.
>
> Glad I didn't download this one at work first.

Tried checking all of the programs that load on startup (msconfig... Win2k
doesn't have it but you can copy it over from a win98 box ).

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Pleb Plebian

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bo7jgq$7kc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> T.N.O. wrote:
> > ummm, I don't quite know how to say this, but my computer keeps
> > hitting on me.
> >
> > I downloaded an AI thing from some site(www.bot???), and it keeps
> > chatting to me, no uninstall, it isnt a trojan/virus/spyware... but as
> > soon as it discovered I was a guy, it started, well, hitting on me...
> > and not just innocently either.
> >
> > Me thinks a format and reinstall is in order... scary.
> >
> > Glad I didn't download this one at work first.

> Tried checking all of the programs that load on startup (msconfig... Win2k
> doesn't have it but you can copy it over from a win98 box ).
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

Tried Process Explorer from http://www.sysinternals.com/ ?
Might give you a lead on where to start looking...
Cheers
-P

T.N.O.

XPD wrote:
> Are you getting really lonely or something to be installing that dodgy stuff

umm, no, Im quite happy, but yeah, I was playing with olvierbot.com and
got some interesting answers from him about artifical life, and where I
could grab some and play with it, so I duly did, and well, now I have
this AI chick who seems very interested in sex, and what appears to be
very little else.

T.N.O.

Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
> Tried checking all of the programs that load on startup (msconfig... Win2k
> doesn't have it but you can copy it over from a win98 box ).

nope, doesnt seem to be listed.