Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New Top Epson Photo Printer R800, but it will never be seen here.

New Top Epson Photo Printer R800, but it will never be seen here.

Nick Smith

Yes its a pity it will never been seen here like most of the Top end Epson
Printers, only for the US/UK and Even for Indonesia but not for NZ..

This Printer has features that no one else has, like 8 Colours and
1.5-picoliter droplets.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...s&oid=37472319

Product Available February 2004

Epson UltraChrome(tm) Hi-Gloss pigment ink for archival quality glossy and
matte photos lasting up to 80 years¹

Eight individual cartridges, including matte black ink and gloss optimizer

World's first 1.5-picoliter droplets and up to 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi for
unsurpassed clarity and detail Prints a 5" x 7" color photo in as fast as 45
seconds and black text at up to 17 ppm¹

True BorderFree (tm) photo printing in popular photo sizes (4" x 6", 5" x 7"
and 8" x 10")

Print directly on ink jet printable CD/DVDs

Fast connectivity with built-in USB 2.0 High Speed and IEEE 1394 FireWire®

Invisible

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:48:32 +1300, Nick Smith
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes its a pity it will never been seen here like most of the Top end Epson
>Printers, only for the US/UK and Even for Indonesia but not for NZ..

Do you upgrade your printer & motherboard every month or something?

Nick Smith

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:16:29 +1300, Invisible <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:48:32 +1300, Nick Smith
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Yes its a pity it will never been seen here like most of the Top end Epson
>>Printers, only for the US/UK and Even for Indonesia but not for NZ..

>Do you upgrade your printer & motherboard every month or something?

Please State were I mentioned a Motherboard..?

My Printer is some 8 year old, so why post such a Stupid Comment..?

Then again its my guess its from a teenager..

E. Scrooge

"Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:48:32 +1300, Nick Smith
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >Yes its a pity it will never been seen here like most of the Top end

Epson
> >Printers, only for the US/UK and Even for Indonesia but not for NZ..

> Do you upgrade your printer & motherboard every month or something?

Try every week for each new complaint about a new product.
With any luck there'll be a new video card or sound card for him to rave
about next week.

E. Scrooge

pete

"Nick Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yes its a pity it will never been seen here like most of the Top end Epson
> Printers, only for the US/UK and Even for Indonesia but not for NZ..
>
> This Printer has features that no one else has, like 8 Colours and
> 1.5-picoliter droplets.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...s&oid=37472319

> Product Available February 2004
>
> Epson UltraChrome(tm) Hi-Gloss pigment ink for archival quality glossy

and
> matte photos lasting up to 80 years¹
>
> Eight individual cartridges, including matte black ink and gloss optimizer
>
> World's first 1.5-picoliter droplets and up to 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi

for
> unsurpassed clarity and detail Prints a 5" x 7" color photo in as fast as

45
> seconds and black text at up to 17 ppm¹
>
> True BorderFree (tm) photo printing in popular photo sizes (4" x 6", 5" x

7"
> and 8" x 10")
>
> Print directly on ink jet printable CD/DVDs
>
> Fast connectivity with built-in USB 2.0 High Speed and IEEE 1394 FireWire®

And its $US400 - would you pay $NZ800+ for it, if it was available here?