Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Bookmarking A Site-Onoy 4 on many folders are listed as options

Bookmarking A Site-Onoy 4 on many folders are listed as options

Jim

I'm running FF 1.5. When I want to bookmark a site, my options are
Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar (above a line) and Bookmarks,
2 SUBfolders in the bookmarks list, Personal Toolbar folder and
one main folder in the bookmark list, in that order. None of the
other main folders appear as an option, so I usually have to end up
just putting it in bookmarks and then using the manage bookmarks
options to put it where I want it.

How do I fix this. Surely it can't be the way it is supposed to work

Jim wrote:
> I'm running FF 1.5. When I want to bookmark a site, my options are
> Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar (above a line) and Bookmarks,
> 2 SUBfolders in the bookmarks list, Personal Toolbar folder and
> one main folder in the bookmark list, in that order. None of the
> other main folders appear as an option, so I usually have to end up
> just putting it in bookmarks and then using the manage bookmarks
> options to put it where I want it.
>
> How do I fix this. Surely it can't be the way it is supposed to work

Use the smaller down arrow further to the right of the larger one for
the list box.

Bookmarks > Bookmark this page.

See the smaller down arrow? Click on it.

Jim

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:27:49 -0800, Z <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jim wrote:
>> I'm running FF 1.5. When I want to bookmark a site, my options are
>> Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar (above a line) and Bookmarks,
>> 2 SUBfolders in the bookmarks list, Personal Toolbar folder and
>> one main folder in the bookmark list, in that order. None of the
>> other main folders appear as an option, so I usually have to end up
>> just putting it in bookmarks and then using the manage bookmarks
>> options to put it where I want it.
>>
>> How do I fix this. Surely it can't be the way it is supposed to work

>Use the smaller down arrow further to the right of the larger one for
>the list box.
>
>Bookmarks > Bookmark this page.
>
>See the smaller down arrow? Click on it.

TUVM. Just out of curiosity, how does FF choose the few that appear
in the original window?

Jim wrote:
> TUVM. Just out of curiosity, how does FF choose the few that appear
> in the original window?

YW. The folders displayed in the dropdown are only the ones you've most
recently saved a bookmark to.