Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Melody Light Blue CD-Rs

Melody Light Blue CD-Rs

Nick Smith

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:59:42 +1300, "Russell Smithies"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I used qutie a few of these Melody CD-Rs from Harvey Normans when they were
>selling for $5 for 10.
>Now I'm finding, after about 2 years that I can no longer get anything off
>them.
>I think it's because they're "fading" i.e. the ink on the label side is
>very thin and you can see straight through them.
>They've been stored correctly and not exposed to sunlight so I'm not sure
>what's happened.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this or something similar??
>
>thanx
>
>Russell

Its so Simple, Pay for Crap you get Crap, so may be you have now leaned a
lesson..

Go for a proper brand...

Check the ATIP and see who makes them..

Also try them is a New Reader..

T.N.O.

Nick Smith wrote:
> Its so Simple, Pay for Crap you get Crap, so may be you have now leaned a
> lesson..
> Go for a proper brand...
> Check the ATIP and see who makes them..
> Also try them is a New Reader..

It's so simple(removed capitalisation), if you pay(removed
capitalisation) for crap(removed capitalisation),(added punctuation) you
get crap(removed capitalisation), so maybe(maybe is one word, not to in
this instance) you have learned(learned, not leaned) a lesson.(removed
extra punctuation)
Go for a proper brand.(removed extra punctuation)(removed extra punctuation)
Cheack the ATIP and see who makes them.(removed extra punctuation)
*skip to last line*
Also,(inserted punctuation) try them as(not is) a news(removed
capitalisation and corrected spelling) reader(removed capitalisation).

This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
easily read once corrected.

Miche

In article <bnk3qr$11peuu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
> have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
> easily read once corrected.

Ah, you've made one of the classic blunders -- a spelling mistook in a
spledding flame.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Be Free

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bnk3qr$11peuu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Nick Smith wrote:

> > Also try them is a New Reader..

> This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
> have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
> easily read once corrected.

That last line was always going to be a problem.

Perhaps he may have been intending;

"[As a suggestion, perhaps you could] also try them in a new CD drive [, as
newer drives may offer a better success rate when it comes to reading
marginal discs]." (?)

Nick Smith

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:51:40 +1300, Miche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <bnk3qr$11peuu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
>> have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
>> easily read once corrected.

>Ah, you've made one of the classic blunders -- a spelling mistook in a
>spledding flame.
>
>Miche

Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..

The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest scum
out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there head..

Kookaburra

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I used qutie a few of these Melody CD-Rs from Harvey Normans when they were
>selling for $5 for 10.
>Now I'm finding, after about 2 years that I can no longer get anything off
>them.
>I think it's because they're "fading" i.e. the ink on the label side is
>very thin and you can see straight through them.
>They've been stored correctly and not exposed to sunlight so I'm not sure
>what's happened.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this or something similar??
>
>thanx
>
>Russell

Someone posted a link in nz.comp a couple of months back that had an
article about CD-Recordable discs unreadable in less than two years.

There's a bit here

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7751

Cheers, Kooky

T.N.O.

Nick Smith wrote:
> Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..

Roger, I do not think that I am god, I do however know that if you take
the time to check your spelling and grammar, and even take a little
advice from others, that you tend to not have everyone hating you.

> The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest scum
> out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there head..

Who refers to "the ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar" as the
"lowest scum" I havent seen this anywhere, and a quick google doesn't
find it.

Be Free

"Nick Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:51:40 +1300, Miche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..
>
> The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest

scum
> out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there

head..

Actually Woger, he was doing other people a favour.

Oftentimes it is extremely difficult to make out what you are actually
saying, due to the disjointed nature of a number of your posts.

You may know what you are referring to when you type your messages, but it
would be very helpful if you made an attempt to make it clearer for other
people as well.

There's no harm in someone offering some friendly correction, unless you
despise correction as a result of conceit.

Nick Smith

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:46:13 +1300, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nick Smith wrote:
>> Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..

>Roger, I do not think that I am god, I do however know that if you take
>the time to check your spelling and grammar, and even take a little
>advice from others, that you tend to not have everyone hating you.
>
>> The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest scum
>> out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there head..

>Who refers to "the ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar" as the
>"lowest scum" I havent seen this anywhere, and a quick google doesn't
>find it.

Its well know in the Usenet community that People that pick on Spelling and
Grammar are not very nice people, do you wish to fit that bill?

Their is no way on earth that your ratings are going to improve my Grammar or
Spelling as that was a subject that I failed at school big time and I have now
just turned 65, so I am a bit old in the tooth to change..

Nick Smith

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:59:28 +1300, "Be Free" <Free@be> wrote:

>"Nick Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:51:40 +1300, Miche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..
>>
>> The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest

>scum
>> out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there

>head..
>
>Actually Woger, he was doing other people a favour.
>
>Oftentimes it is extremely difficult to make out what you are actually
>saying, due to the disjointed nature of a number of your posts.
>
>You may know what you are referring to when you type your messages, but it
>would be very helpful if you made an attempt to make it clearer for other
>people as well.
>
>There's no harm in someone offering some friendly correction, unless you
>despise correction as a result of conceit.

No as its well know they are the lowest of Usenet users..