Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Winmx

Winmx

Kevin Cosgrove

I would like to contact anybody using Winmx to compare d/l speeds. My d/l
connections are terrible and I wondered if it was just me or are we being
capped
Kevcat

Ali P

"Kevin Cosgrove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to contact anybody using Winmx to compare d/l speeds. My d/l
> connections are terrible and I wondered if it was just me or are we being
> capped
> Kevcat

I gave up on WinMX, not so much because of download speeds but because it
took forever to make your way up the 'queue'. Connecting to all the servers
in the .wsx file made things even worse. Downloads speeds were pretty quick
though - 14-15k on Paradise Jetstart.
I use Kazaa Lite now for all my illegally pirated mp3 downloading needs. It
works well and the download pretty much starts straight away if there are a
lot of users sharing the file.

Tim

> I use Kazaa Lite now for all my illegally pirated mp3 downloading needs.

for full albums soulseek is probably a better choice

bittorrent is also pretty nifty for full albums or discographies, although
its more a matter of downloading what comes up rather than choosing what u
specifically want.

Lebowski

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3IJmb.3134$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I use Kazaa Lite now for all my illegally pirated mp3 downloading needs.

> for full albums soulseek is probably a better choice

Yep Soulseek is the best for music. WinMX (with the LeecHammer enabled) is a
last, last, last resort if one can't find what they desire on other p2p
clients.

Darryn Hadland

I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
others.
Works off the Gnutella network.

"Lebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i3Nmb.3172$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3IJmb.3134$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I use Kazaa Lite now for all my illegally pirated mp3 downloading

needs.

> > for full albums soulseek is probably a better choice
> >

> Yep Soulseek is the best for music. WinMX (with the LeecHammer enabled) is

> last, last, last resort if one can't find what they desire on other p2p
> clients.

Tim

> I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
> others.
> Works off the Gnutella network.

Kazaa lite is spyware free.
I think the fasttrack network is better than Gnutella anyway..

Nick Smith

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:15:35 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
>others.
>Works off the Gnutella network.

Kazaa Lite does not have spyware, been like that for some time..

>"Lebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:i3Nmb.3172$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:3IJmb.3134$(E-Mail Removed)...

>needs.
>> >
>> > for full albums soulseek is probably a better choice
>> >

>> Yep Soulseek is the best for music. WinMX (with the LeecHammer enabled) is

>> last, last, last resort if one can't find what they desire on other p2p
>> clients.

Nick Smith

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:29:20 +1300, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
>> others.
>> Works off the Gnutella network.

>Kazaa lite is spyware free.
>I think the fasttrack network is better than Gnutella anyway..

The EU uses eMule..

Lebowski

"Nick Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:15:35 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
> >others.
> >Works off the Gnutella network.

> Kazaa Lite does not have spyware, been like that for some time..

....and you can always download Dr Damn's "Clean Imesh". Heaps of great
clients have no spyware (most actually). WinMX, Soulseek, Clean Imesh,
Shareaza, Piolet 1.03, Limewire Pro, eMule, Kazaa Lite...I don't know what
the big deal is about p2p and spyware / ads - you just download a version
without ads, simple as that. It's not that hard to do.

NBAR & WINMX Matt Cisco 2 05-13-2004 02:51 PM
Try WinMx Cheswick Computer Support 6 01-24-2004 11:38 PM
Shutdown in the middle of a WinMX download Sue Computer Support 3 11-13-2003 12:39 AM
WinMX downloading prob baglady Computer Support 1 09-03-2003 08:57 AM
WinMX go slow slumpy Computer Support 4 07-20-2003 12:25 AM

Advertisments