Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > At last, a cheap, reliable ISP

Reply
Thread Tools

At last, a cheap, reliable ISP

 
 
Darryn Hadland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name...
Slingshot
So now I'm mentioning it to you.
Damn good service for damn cheap!
They even do cheap toll charges.
Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
http://www.slingshot.co.nz


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Mathews
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
>After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name...
>Slingshot
>So now I'm mentioning it to you.
>Damn good service for damn cheap!
>They even do cheap toll charges.
>Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
>http://www.slingshot.co.nz
>




No such thing in NZ..




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Darryn Hadland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
well still cheaper than xtra... or ihug... or all the rest...

"Paul Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
> >After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name...
> >Slingshot
> >So now I'm mentioning it to you.
> >Damn good service for damn cheap!
> >They even do cheap toll charges.
> >Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
> >http://www.slingshot.co.nz
> >

>
>
>
> No such thing in NZ..
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003

"Darryn Hadland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> well still cheaper than xtra... or ihug... or all the rest...


Not according to the service that some people around here have found with
the outfit.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
Darryn Hadland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
Well by all means share what you know...
This is a news group.

"E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote in message
news:bn78oj$5p2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Darryn Hadland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > well still cheaper than xtra... or ihug... or all the rest...

>
> Not according to the service that some people around here have found with
> the outfit.
>
> E. Scrooge
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003

"Darryn Hadland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well by all means share what you know...
> This is a news group.


Have a look at the "Slingshot Sucks" thread which is already in this
newsgroup. The "Slingshot Is Crap" thread is worth worrying about.
If you get good service right through till after Christmas that would be
worth hearing about. Holiday time can often be a strain on ISPs.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
AD.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, Darryn Hadland wrote:

> Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
> After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name... Slingshot
> So now I'm mentioning it to you.
> Damn good service for damn cheap!
> They even do cheap toll charges.
> Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself http://www.slingshot.co.nz


Your wording redlined my spamometer!

Cheers
Anton
 
Reply With Quote
 
Phillip Weston
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
>After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name...
>Slingshot
>So now I'm mentioning it to you.
>Damn good service for damn cheap!
>They even do cheap toll charges.
>Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
>http://www.slingshot.co.nz


It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.


--
Phillip Weston
Taumarunui, New Zealand

Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Mayhew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
Phillip Weston <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
> I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
> Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
> Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.
>
>
> --
> Phillip Weston
> Taumarunui, New Zealand
>
> Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.
>


Hey!, theres nothing wrong with a Hyundai !
 
Reply With Quote
 
Phillip Weston
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-24-2003
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:33:27 GMT, Chris Mayhew <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>Phillip Weston <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
>> I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
>> Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
>> Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Phillip Weston
>> Taumarunui, New Zealand
>>
>> Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.
>>

>
>Hey!, theres nothing wrong with a Hyundai !


Haha. Well you know what I mean . Hyundai's aren't too bad, they
use Mitsubishi running gear under licence. Replace Hyundai with Lada
then .


--
Phillip Weston
Taumarunui, New Zealand

Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does typical ISP traffic shaping/bandwidth limiting work ? Do ISP's allow bursty traffic per second ? Skybuck Flying Cisco 0 01-19-2006 08:50 PM
El Cheapo (reliable) ISP? Green Frog Computer Support 41 06-18-2005 07:14 PM
Reliable Static Routing Using Object Tracking. nospam@nospam.com Cisco 0 05-27-2004 06:22 PM
Looking for a Reliable (and inexpensive) ASP.Net web Hoster Vaughn ASP .Net 0 04-18-2004 03:38 AM
Reliable ASP.Net Deployment? Phill. W ASP .Net 2 11-17-2003 01:57 PM



Advertisments