Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > So who else is trying a make a quick buck from MS?

So who else is trying a make a quick buck from MS?

PapaPump

So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone else
trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?

What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck. These people are
no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers away
at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on trademe.
Its quite shamefull.

Opinions?

PapaPump.

T.N.O.

"PapaPump" wrote
> So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone else
> trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?

~60 people on trademe... some prior to it's release.

> What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
> deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck.

wait a minute, anyone could have gone down to the stores before him and got
it... if they didn't thats their problem.

> These people are
> no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers away
> at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on trademe.
> Its quite shamefull.
> Opinions?

they are better... he has no deceived anyone.

E. Scrooge

"PapaPump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6vClb.187231$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone else
> trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?
>
> What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
> deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck. These people are
> no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers away
> at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on trademe.
> Its quite shamefull.
>
> Opinions?
>
> PapaPump.

Now you'd have to be very careful with your claims there. Was it all Dick
Smith employees doing it, or just the ones at a certain Dick Smith store?

E. Scrooge

PapaPump

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn6tkc$u2qnc$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "PapaPump" wrote
> > So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone

else
> > trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?

> ~60 people on trademe... some prior to it's release.

Dosen't send a good message to anyone giving away free software does it.

> > What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
> > deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck.

> wait a minute, anyone could have gone down to the stores before him and

got
> it... if they didn't thats their problem.

So what your saying is that 5 people could have stood outside the shop with
signs above their heads saying "Were gonna sell our free copies to the
highest bidder" and you'd be ok with that?

> > These people are
> > no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers

away
> > at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on

trademe.
> > Its quite shamefull.
> > Opinions?

> they are better... he has no deceived anyone.

They're giveways for people to use, not sell to make a profit. If they dont
want them why did they get them? Why can't they give them away to someone
else for nothing if they dont want the software? They wont because they had
the clear intention of taking a copy before anyone else and selling it for
their gain.

PapaPump.

harry

"PapaPump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6vClb.187231$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone else
> trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?
>
> What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
> deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck. These people are
> no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers away
> at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on trademe.
> Its quite shamefull.
>
> Opinions?

You really want them ?
Go bite your bum you santimonious t**t

T.N.O.

"PapaPump" wrote
> So what your saying is that 5 people could have stood outside the shop

with
> signs above their heads saying "Were gonna sell our free copies to the
> highest bidder" and you'd be ok with that?

yeah, at least they honest... much like misfit here.

> They're giveways for people to use, not sell to make a profit. If they

dont
> want them why did they get them?

I got offered a free car a couple of years ago, I took it because it was
offered, not because I needed it.
I then sold it for a couple of hundred $$$

> Why can't they give them away to someone
> else for nothing if they dont want the software? They wont because they

had
> the clear intention of taking a copy before anyone else and selling it for
> their gain.

It doesnt matter what we say, you seem to have made up your mind.

PapaPump

"harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%Clb.2511$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PapaPump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6vClb.187231$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone

else
> > trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?
> >
> > What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
> > deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck. These people

are
> > no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers

away
> > at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on

trademe.
> > Its quite shamefull.
> >
> > Opinions?
> >

> You really want them ?
> Go bite your bum you santimonious t**t

Get ****ed cock, I asked for opinions on the subject, not abuse from small
dicked wankers like yourself.

And BTW, I have a copy myself so dont pull the bitter twisted option.

PapaPump.

Stephen Williams

"PapaPump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6vClb.187231$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone else
> trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?
>
> What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
> deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck. These people are
> no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers away
> at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on trademe.
> Its quite shamefull.
>
> Opinions?
>
> PapaPump.

And if they were giving away $1100 cash and you were there? I think you'd
take it if you were offered, even though others might need it more than you.

And like the other guy said, it's different to Dick Smith employees who lie
and deceive. Note the lack of lies and deceit on Misfit's part.

Steve

harry

"PapaPump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NbDlb.187264$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e%Clb.2511$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "PapaPump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:6vClb.187231$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone

> else
> > > trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?
> > >
> > > What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but

will
> > > deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck. These people

> are
> > > no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers

> away
> > > at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on

> trademe.
> > > Its quite shamefull.
> > >
> > > Opinions?
> > >

> > You really want them ?
> > Go bite your bum you santimonious t**t

> Get ****ed cock, I asked for opinions on the subject, not abuse from small
> dicked wankers like yourself.
>
> And BTW, I have a copy myself so dont pull the bitter twisted option.
>
> PapaPump.

Feel free to sell it any time you like then.
Its yours, you own it, you can do what you like with it whether Microsoft
gave it to you or sold it to you.
Get it yet ?
The sanctimonious bit I really mean, you should take a long hard look at
yourself.
You are obviously not able to bite your bum

Angus McScotch

In article <6vClb.187231$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> So apart from Misfit who's already made his intentions clear, anyone else
> trying to make a quick buck from the MS giveaway the other day?

More than a buck.

> What bugs me is people know they dont want or need the software but will
> deprive someone else who does, only to make a quick buck.

Oh pull the other one. I didn't push in front of any starving orphans
to get my copy. MS didn't organise this giveaway to help bring better
wordprocessing and spreadsheet capabilities to the poor and
underpriviliged - if somebody needs a copy then they can bloody well
buy it like 99.9% of the rest of the world has to. In fact, if they're
smart they'll buy one off trademe and make a considerable saving off the
retail price.

> These people are
> no better than the Dick Smith employess who lied and turned customers away
> at the XP launch so they could grab the freebies and sell them on trademe.
> Its quite shamefull.

Not really. The DSE staff knew damn well they weren't supposed to keep
those copies for themselves, and they balatantly lied to try and cover
it up.