Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Zone Alarm peculiarity.

Zone Alarm peculiarity.

pour-lay

I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not.

When Zone Alarm is activated it keeps wanting to display an
unrecognised application - or a dummy one - or something.

It's just a blank generic icon with no 'properties'. If I delete it,
it just reappears next time I start Zone Alarm.

Anyone have any idea what it might be? Is it worth worrying about?

I uninstallled Zone Alarm and reinstalled it - still the same problem.

Col^

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:34:54 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (pour-lay) wrote:

>I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not.
>
>When Zone Alarm is activated it keeps wanting to display an
>unrecognised application - or a dummy one - or something.
>
>It's just a blank generic icon with no 'properties'. If I delete it,
>it just reappears next time I start Zone Alarm.
>
>Anyone have any idea what it might be? Is it worth worrying about?
>
>I uninstallled Zone Alarm and reinstalled it - still the same problem.

You have a worm ..
--

Col

A: Top-posters.

pour-lay

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:45:15 +1300, Col^ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:34:54 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (pour-lay) wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not.
>>
>>When Zone Alarm is activated it keeps wanting to display an
>>unrecognised application - or a dummy one - or something.
>>
>>It's just a blank generic icon with no 'properties'. If I delete it,
>>it just reappears next time I start Zone Alarm.
>>
>>Anyone have any idea what it might be? Is it worth worrying about?
>>
>>I uninstallled Zone Alarm and reinstalled it - still the same problem.

>You have a worm ..

Funny, I don't feel it.

Col^

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:10:58 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (pour-lay) wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:45:15 +1300, Col^ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:34:54 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (pour-lay) wrote:
>>

>>>I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not.
>>>
>>>When Zone Alarm is activated it keeps wanting to display an
>>>unrecognised application - or a dummy one - or something.
>>>
>>>It's just a blank generic icon with no 'properties'. If I delete it,
>>>it just reappears next time I start Zone Alarm.
>>>
>>>Anyone have any idea what it might be? Is it worth worrying about?
>>>
>>>I uninstallled Zone Alarm and reinstalled it - still the same problem.

>>You have a worm ..

>Funny, I don't feel it.

You will.
--