Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Can't erase CDRW

Can't erase CDRW

Southern Kiwi

Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase or
write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My ME
machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that is
buggering me up?
Any work around?
TAI

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Nicholas Sherlock

Southern Kiwi wrote:
> Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
> erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
> drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
> by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
> Any work around?

Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Nelly

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:43:46 +1300, "Southern Kiwi"
<southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

>Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase or
>write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My ME
>machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that is
>buggering me up?
>Any work around?
>TAI

I had the same problem but unfortunately my labelled CDRW discs when
checked under the disc properties were actually only CDR's. I had two
CDRW discs given to me when I bought my laptop and I didn't open the
discs until 6 months later.

Nelly.
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Southern Kiwi

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn3vt2$tsg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Southern Kiwi wrote:
> > Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
> > erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
> > drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
> > by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
> > Any work around?

> Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.

Yes it is, yet I still get the SCSI target error. I only get it with this 1
disc

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi
southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

Southern Kiwi

"Nelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:43:46 +1300, "Southern Kiwi"
> <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase

or
> >write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My

ME
> >machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that

is
> >buggering me up?
> >Any work around?
> >TAI

> I had the same problem but unfortunately my labelled CDRW discs when
> checked under the disc properties were actually only CDR's. I had two
> CDRW discs given to me when I bought my laptop and I didn't open the
> discs until 6 months later.

It shows as a CDRW

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi
southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

Southern Kiwi

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn3vt2$tsg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Southern Kiwi wrote:
> > Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
> > erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
> > drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
> > by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
> > Any work around?

> Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.

If I try to write to it, it comes up with "could not perform fixation"

--

Southern Kiwi wrote:
> "Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bn3vt2$tsg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Southern Kiwi wrote:
>>> Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
>>> erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
>>> drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
>>> by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
>>> Any work around?

>> Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.
>>

> If I try to write to it, it comes up with "could not perform fixation"

Either the CDRW is ****ed, you're trying to write too much data to it, or
your CD-writer isn't writing to it at the right speed.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Kristofer Clayton

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:43:46 +1300, "Southern Kiwi"
<southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

>Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase or
>write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My ME
>machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that is
>buggering me up?

Is it a high-speed CD-RW disc (8x+) or a low-speed CD-RW disc (1x-4x)?

What speed is the CD-RW drive in the WinME machine?
What speed is the CD-RW drive in the XP laptop?

Low-speed drives can't write/erase high-speed discs. Not sure about
the vice-versa.

--
Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
Gisborne, New Zealand

Southern Kiwi

"Kristofer Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
, "Southern Kiwi"> <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

> >Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase

or
> >write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My

ME
> >machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that

is
> >buggering me up?

> Is it a high-speed CD-RW disc (8x+) or a low-speed CD-RW disc (1x-4x)?
> What speed is the CD-RW drive in the WinME machine?
> What speed is the CD-RW drive in the XP laptop?
> Low-speed drives can't write/erase high-speed discs. Not sure about
> the vice-versa.

Ahhhhh!, that sounds like it.
The XP laptop has a highspeed CDRW/DVD & the ME desktop has a HP9100 (4x RW)
The CDRW says it is a high speed 10x, but compatible with 4x-10x
Thanks for that

erase vs. erase al.cpwn@gmail.com C++ 7 03-30-2006 11:45 AM
How do i erase all information in my orkut and erase the link to the orkut account? mountbatten@gmail.com Computer Support 1 10-31-2005 12:03 AM
CDRW/DVD combo drive some times will not read the CD Wireless Networking 1 07-30-2004 07:15 PM
Do asp.net have ability to access client CDRW/DVDRW? =?Utf-8?B?U2NhcmVjcm93?= ASP .Net 2 01-28-2004 07:36 AM
How do I erase a file that wont let me erase it? Dale Custer Computer Support 4 07-06-2003 09:48 AM

Advertisments