Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > xtra mail

xtra mail

Scott

Does xtra require you to be connected through their network to collect
your email via pop3?

A friend has recently changed isp (to TelstraClear),
but still uses the xtra email (I assume they're in the process of
informing people of their new addy!). I know some isps a few years ago
blocked email access from ip numbers that didn't belong to them. Is this
the case with xtra?

Cheers
Scott

T.N.O.

"Scott" wrote
> Does xtra require you to be connected through their network to collect
> your email via pop3?

yes.

Scott

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:37:15 +1300, Scott wrote:

> Does xtra require you to be connected through their network to collect
> your email via pop3?
>
> A friend has recently changed isp (to TelstraClear),
> but still uses the xtra email (I assume they're in the process of
> informing people of their new addy!). I know some isps a few years ago
> blocked email access from ip numbers that didn't belong to them. Is this
> the case with xtra?
>
> Cheers
> Scott

's ok. I just answered my own question! Finally found it on their website
- yes they do block email traffic from other isps.

Mainlander

> Does xtra require you to be connected through their network to collect
> your email via pop3?
>
> A friend has recently changed isp (to TelstraClear),
> but still uses the xtra email (I assume they're in the process of
> informing people of their new addy!). I know some isps a few years ago
> blocked email access from ip numbers that didn't belong to them. Is this
> the case with xtra?

I believe it is.

They can use webmail to access their Xtra mail over any ISP connection.
Xtramail also has an option to forward messages received to another
address.