Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google.com doesn't work any more

Google.com doesn't work any more

T.N.O.

"Bruce Simpson" wrote
> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
> just times out.

work for me Bruce... I had to click on the "go to google.com" link down the
bottom right, but it works.

That link points to here.
http://www.google.com/ncr

Bruce Simpson

Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
just times out.

www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.

I wonder whose clever decision this was?

Mauricio Freitas

"Bruce Simpson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
> just times out.
>
> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
>
> I wonder whose clever decision this was?

Bruce, it works for me...

--
Mauricio Freitas

Gib Bogle

Bruce Simpson wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
> just times out.

It doesn't time out here, it just links to www.google.co.nz, as it has
been doing for months, IIRC.

Gib

T.N.O.

"T.N.O." wrote
> and now with my time corrected...

yeah yeah, I know... should be fine now...

Bruce Simpson

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:48:53 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bruce Simpson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
>> just times out.
>>
>> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
>> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
>> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
>> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
>>
>> I wonder whose clever decision this was?
>>

>Bruce, it works for me...

Ah... you're right. I had an entry for google.com in my hosts file
and obviously they've recently changed the IP number. I'll go back to
sleep now and stop sniffing all that LPG

harry

"Bruce Simpson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
> just times out.
>
> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
>
> I wonder whose clever decision this was?
>
> --
> you can contact me via http://aardvark.co.nz/contact/

Google redirects to google.co.nz, but there is a link on the google page for
google.com, which you can save.
The Google toolbar lets you set the country default.
Its been that way for months, thats what makes the search <country> feature
work.
Can't see the problem Bruce, it has made Google better IMO

KS

> Ah... you're right. I had an entry for google.com in my hosts file
> and obviously they've recently changed the IP number. I'll go back to
> sleep now and stop sniffing all that LPG

So that's your secret weapon for breaking the land speed record ? Being
higher than a kite ?! haha

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ess says...
> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
> just times out.
>
> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
>
> I wonder whose clever decision this was?

Maybe your ISP doesn't like you. I have had no problems with Google
lately./

Paul Mathews

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:28:46 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
>> just times out.
>>
>> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
>> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
>> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
>> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
>>
>> I wonder whose clever decision this was?

>Maybe your ISP doesn't like you. I have had no problems with Google
>lately./

Thier are BIG Problems with it, read..