Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Partition Magic 6 from coverdisk?

Partition Magic 6 from coverdisk?

Seagull

There was a discussion on this newsgroup earlier in the year about PC
Authority
April 2003 having Partition Magic 6 on the coverdisk.

As a result I rushed out and bought the magazine.
I have just tried to use the programme and found it needed registration
which was a one month special so I can not use it Grrrrrrr!

Can any kind sole who registered help me out with the generic serial
number?

--
Seagull ~'~
To reply please un-munge the address.

~misfit~

"Seagull" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h2pkb.1705$(E-Mail Removed)...
> There was a discussion on this newsgroup earlier in the year about PC
> Authority
> April 2003 having Partition Magic 6 on the coverdisk.
>
> As a result I rushed out and bought the magazine.
> I have just tried to use the programme and found it needed registration
> which was a one month special so I can not use it Grrrrrrr!
>
> Can any kind sole who registered help me out with the generic serial
> number?

That bites. I bought that issue mainly for that proggy too. I don't usually
buy PC Authority. I haven't installed my copy or registered it either as it
doesn't work on XP and I don't have a 9x machine running at the moment.

I'll second the request for a serial.
--
~misfit~

---

geoffm

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:41:07 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
wrote:

>"Seagull" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:h2pkb.1705$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There was a discussion on this newsgroup earlier in the year about PC
>> Authority
>> April 2003 having Partition Magic 6 on the coverdisk.
>>
>> As a result I rushed out and bought the magazine.
>> I have just tried to use the programme and found it needed registration
>> which was a one month special so I can not use it Grrrrrrr!
>>
>> Can any kind sole who registered help me out with the generic serial
>> number?

>That bites. I bought that issue mainly for that proggy too. I don't usually
>buy PC Authority. I haven't installed my copy or registered it either as it
>doesn't work on XP and I don't have a 9x machine running at the moment.
>
>I'll second the request for a serial.

Try searching on www.astalavista.com - watch out for porn ( and
diallers on some sites.) More specifically PM600ENSP1-11111131 from
http://www.darkserials.com/search.php. dunno if it works
geoff

Tim

I thought partition magic was at version 8 at least?

"geoffm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:41:07 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Seagull" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:h2pkb.1705$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> There was a discussion on this newsgroup earlier in the year about PC
> >> Authority
> >> April 2003 having Partition Magic 6 on the coverdisk.
> >>
> >> As a result I rushed out and bought the magazine.
> >> I have just tried to use the programme and found it needed registration
> >> which was a one month special so I can not use it Grrrrrrr!
> >>
> >> Can any kind sole who registered help me out with the generic serial
> >> number?

> >That bites. I bought that issue mainly for that proggy too. I don't

usually
> >buy PC Authority. I haven't installed my copy or registered it either as

it
> >doesn't work on XP and I don't have a 9x machine running at the moment.
> >
> >I'll second the request for a serial.

> Try searching on www.astalavista.com - watch out for porn ( and
> diallers on some sites.) More specifically PM600ENSP1-11111131 from
> http://www.darkserials.com/search.php. dunno if it works
> geoff

pete

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qbskb.1739$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I thought partition magic was at version 8 at least?

It probably is but that would be the retail version. Magazine cover CDs
usually contain outdated, or crippled versions. There's a reason that the
software is free.

XPD

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qbskb.1739$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I thought partition magic was at version 8 at least?

Yeah it is but dont think theyd let a magazine throw that onto a coverdisk
in a hurry

If they did, Id be the 1st in line to buy that mag from my local store

Tim

i'll still to fileshare, it's free too.... j/k

"pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Lctkb.1745$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qbskb.1739$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I thought partition magic was at version 8 at least?

> It probably is but that would be the retail version. Magazine cover CDs
> usually contain outdated, or crippled versions. There's a reason that the
> software is free.

Mainlander

In article <h2pkb.1705$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> There was a discussion on this newsgroup earlier in the year about PC
> Authority
> April 2003 having Partition Magic 6 on the coverdisk.
>
> As a result I rushed out and bought the magazine.
> I have just tried to use the programme and found it needed registration
> which was a one month special so I can not use it Grrrrrrr!
>
> Can any kind sole who registered help me out with the generic serial
> number?

Is this group called alt.xxx.xx. warez or something?

T.N.O.

"Mainlander" wrote
> Is this group called alt.xxx.xx. warez or something?

Seems to be recently.

Tim

> i'll still to fileshare, it's free too.... j/k

grr "stick" not still. sleepy boy...

Actually I downloaded version 8 of partition magic from kazaa a long long
time ago. Had a quick play at the time, thought it was kinda slick, had
matured quite nicely, etc.

Never used it since! If i need to repartition i'm quite happy to use the
basic windows partition tool. Anything more advanced and i'll use dos tools,
eg Ranish Partition manager. If i need to resize NTFS partitions i'll use
'Bootit NG', etc.

anyway...

news:wiAkb.1787$(E-Mail Removed)...