Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Adding laptop to desktop

Adding laptop to desktop

=?Utf-8?B?dWtlY2hv?=

My laptop is connected to my desktop. My laptop is connected to internet
but does not stay connected long. Has to keep putting network key number in.
Also keeps saying something about unplugged and finds connected to someone
elses comp. Both running windows XP home edition. DSL, netgear router.
Help please.

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQw==?=

Sounds like you could be using the same channel number on your wireless
modem/router as other nearby system. Try changing the channel number in your
router's configuration.

Peter C

"ukecho" wrote:

> My laptop is connected to my desktop. My laptop is connected to internet
> but does not stay connected long. Has to keep putting network key number in.
> Also keeps saying something about unplugged and finds connected to someone
> elses comp. Both running windows XP home edition. DSL, netgear router.
> Help please.

=?Utf-8?B?dWtlY2hv?=

Stupid question, how do I do that? Thanks