Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is it possible to direct dial 2 ADSL modems without connecting to the internet?

Is it possible to direct dial 2 ADSL modems without connecting to the internet?

cowboyz

like you can direct connect 2 56k modems. Can you do the same with 2 ADSL
modems without going through the net and using max speed? ie. connect home
and work and transfer at the 8Mb/s without it going onto the data cap?

Bret

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:23:35 +1300, "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>like you can direct connect 2 56k modems. Can you do the same with 2 ADSL
>modems without going through the net and using max speed? ie. connect home
>and work and transfer at the 8Mb/s without it going onto the data cap?

I've been told it has been done, I cant confirm it. You need copper
all the way.