Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Spamcop must be working...

Spamcop must be working...

Howard

I smirked when i got this spam today...

Hello Free Internet User.

You are reciving this email because we are having some trouble
with an infamous company (http://spamcop.net) who seem to be
hell bent on destroying not only my business but many other legitimate
website owners and email list operators.

we generaly get 1 or 2 complaints while mailing subscribers
the rest are made up by a fraudulent spamcop.

we always provide working optout links should you ever wish
to unsubscribe from our mailing list. its instant and contrary
to spamcops propoganda that we will sell your email.

SPAMCOP IS A BUSINESS, THEY BLOCK THE ONLY WAY
OF OPTING OUT, SO THEY CAN GET $30 UPSELLS ON
THEIR WEBSITE!!!, IF EVERYONE OPTED OUT THEY
WOULD HAVE NO BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

the companys main problems are:

The CEO, one julian haight of (12560 37th Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98125 US)
i belive has a serious attitude problem and is serverly lacking
the intelligence to distinguish between an optin mailing
with working optout links, and whats commenly know as spam.
(or he just doesnt care)

the company and some die hard users(losers) have a "nazi"
like attitude to any sort of email.

everyone knows that spam can be a big problem, but often
these companys blow it out of proportion for quick profit.
they cause financial disruption to companys who have
invested years of hard work.
they send thousands of unsolicited complaints to hosts/isps.

there needs to be a balance or a monitoring authority put
in place to monitor the activities of these sorts of companys.
otherwise the internet will no longer be the free place it
once was.

if you are fedup with these companies taking away our freedom
of speech and our rights to create a legitamite business
and want to keep your internet a free place, email your isp
and lobby them
to use an alternate spam filtering system, one that actuly
checks a message to see if it is spam, and checks for
unsubscribe links!

Julian haight spamcops CEO is rumoured to have conections with
Al-Quada, one of the most disruptive terrorist orginisations on earth.
hes specialty is cyber terrorism. which disperses highly needed
homeland security funds by rendering multi million dollar
industrys unprofitable.
haights main motive is the perversion of American free enterprise.

SPAMCOP EVEN BLACKLISTS ITS COMPETITORS!!!

some reading material:
http://jimworld.com/apps/webmaster.f...371/forum::dir
ect-mail/
http://www.website101.com/SpamFilter...gilanties.html
http://go****yourself.com/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=176038&perpage=50&pagenumber=1
http://niba4u.com/
http://www.shopmystate.com/logon/Lib...mi-090301.html

thankyou

Dogg

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:10:06 +1300, "Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I smirked when i got this spam today...

<snippity doo daa>

It was almost believable until he got to the part about "Al-Quada"
sic.

bt

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:10:06 +1300, "Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

Not You

<rant>

>Julian haight spamcops CEO is rumoured to have conections with
>Al-Quada, one of the most disruptive terrorist orginisations on earth.

Up until this point I thought 'typical self serving tripe dished out
by a typically myopic yank scamster'.

But then the above. It boggles the mind. Just how ****ing stupid does
this clown think we all are ?

>hes specialty is cyber terrorism.

Well, that's defamation. Easily proven a lie and actionable.

Wonder if this guy put's HIS OWN personal details in the post ?

Bet your arse he didn't. Doesn't want to be spammed or sued.

>which disperses highly needed homeland security funds

**** off - that homeland security scam is another form of corporate
welfare for yank billionaires.

>by rendering multi million dollar industrys unprofitable.

Multimillion dollar Rackets and Scams you mean.

Your ****ing SPAM costs the end consumer AND the internet industry
millions of dollars a year. It brings networks to their end, spreads
viruses and cons people out of their hard earned.

>haights main motive is the perversion of American free enterprise.

American 'Free Enterpise' does not exist: it is a protectionist state
that has made an industry in and of itself convincing all the rest of
us that it is Open.

Us here in NZ have plenty of experiance of your yank 'free enterpise':
Illegal tarrifs, standover or intimidation or blackmail tactics in
order to let YOUR WMD into OUR ports, etc. Oh, and the good old "join
us in our illegal invasion of Iraq or we'll use our influence to
punish you for your display of backbone"...

What's soo bloody great about this american capitalism anyway ? Do
your weakest citizens benefit ? Do your average Joe's like it ?

No they ****ing do NOT. Even if they cannot NAME an alternative.

It's only as 'free' as the next Billionaire says it is.

>SPAMCOP EVEN BLACKLISTS ITS COMPETITORS!!!

Prove it.

>some reading material:
>http://jimworld.com/apps/webmaster.f...371/forum::dir
>ect-mail/
>http://www.website101.com/SpamFilter...gilanties.html
>http://go****yourself.com/showthread.php?
>s=&threadid=176038&perpage=50&pagenumber=1
>http://niba4u.com/
>http://www.shopmystate.com/logon/Lib...mi-090301.html

Look at your tracker spam links ? I'm not that green.

>thankyou

Get your tongue out of my arse and get a real job. ****ing conman.

</rant>

Brendan (Avatar)

--
`,,`,,`,,`, ,`,

Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

Email: corum.usenet@myrealbox (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.

David

*snip*
> the companys main problems are:
>
> The CEO, one julian haight of (12560 37th Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98125

US)
> i belive has a serious attitude problem and is serverly lacking
> the intelligence to distinguish between an optin mailing
> with working optout links, and whats commenly know as spam.
> (or he just doesnt care)

*snip*
One would think that if you are going to accuse someone as lacking in
intelligence then the smart thing to do would be to use a spell, grammar and
capitalisation check first...

Michael Loke

> SPAMCOP IS A BUSINESS, THEY BLOCK THE ONLY WAY
> OF OPTING OUT, SO THEY CAN GET $30 UPSELLS ON
> THEIR WEBSITE!!!, IF EVERYONE OPTED OUT THEY
> WOULD HAVE NO BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Spam-employed FUD tactics?

spamcop.net C Computer Support 0 02-10-2005 08:33 PM
Alternative to SpamCop? Jim PKP Computer Support 3 10-30-2003 08:19 PM
Odd Spamcop error rifleman Computer Support 5 07-28-2003 04:40 PM
Re: Spamcop down? Jimchip Computer Support 0 07-09-2003 06:30 PM
Re: Spamcop down? ooyah Computer Support 1 07-09-2003 06:27 PM

Advertisments