Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New versions of firebird and thunderbird out

New versions of firebird and thunderbird out

samg

http://www.mozilla.org/

T.N.O.

"samg" wrote
> http://www.mozilla.org/

nice, it's a heap faster at opening.

T.N.O.

"T.N.O." wrote
> > http://www.mozilla.org/

> nice, it's a heap faster at opening.

Heaps heaps faster, they must have done a lot of optimisation work, doesnt
seem to be any new features, well, that stand out anyway.

Gib Bogle

samg wrote:

> http://www.mozilla.org/

Just curious: if you use Firebird for your browser, what do you use for
your mail program?

Gib

Murray Symon

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:38:55 +1300, Gib Bogle wrote:

> samg wrote:
>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/

> Just curious: if you use Firebird for your browser, what do you use for
> your mail program?
>
> Gib

Whatever you like - Mozilla.org have Thunderbird (as per subject line).
Pegasus (Windows only) and Sylpheed are both very good.

Murray.

Murray Symon

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:15:26 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

> "T.N.O." wrote
>> > http://www.mozilla.org/

>> nice, it's a heap faster at opening.

> Heaps heaps faster, they must have done a lot of optimisation work, doesnt
> seem to be any new features, well, that stand out anyway.

I think you will find that the earlier cuts would have had a lot of debug
code in them that may have been removed. I did find the earlier Firebird
less responsive than current Mozilla (especially in Win 95/9.
I can't tolerate a browser that doesn't have tabs any more!

Murray.

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed) ain>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ldomain says...
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:38:55 +1300, Gib Bogle wrote:
>
> > samg wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.mozilla.org/

> > Just curious: if you use Firebird for your browser, what do you use for
> > your mail program?
> >
> > Gib

> Whatever you like - Mozilla.org have Thunderbird (as per subject line).
> Pegasus (Windows only) and Sylpheed are both very good.

Pegasus and Eudora are both very good. Amd pretty bombproof re: email
virii and such ...
Pegasus has(had) issues with opening large jpg files (better to save them
and view them with another program) and the editor is sometimes quirky
the way it parses paragraphs into lines but other than that has easily
the most power-user features I have come across.

-Peter

Gib Bogle

Murray Symon wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:38:55 +1300, Gib Bogle wrote:
>

>>samg wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.mozilla.org/

>>Just curious: if you use Firebird for your browser, what do you use for
>>your mail program?
>>
>>Gib

> Whatever you like - Mozilla.org have Thunderbird (as per subject line).
> Pegasus (Windows only) and Sylpheed are both very good.

Thanks. Another quick question: how easy would it be to migrate from
Netscape 7.1 (I mean retaining all my mail folders, newsgroup setup,
mail filters, bookmarks - have I forgotten anything?)?

Gib

Walter Logeman

Gib

> Just curious: if you use Firebird for your browser, what do you use for
> your mail program?

Pocomail - configurable to do just plain email but still see
family pix.

Walter

Murray Symon

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:34:11 +1300, Gib Bogle wrote:

> Murray Symon wrote:

>>>Just curious: if you use Firebird for your browser, what do you use for
>>>your mail program?
>>>
>>>Gib

>> Whatever you like - Mozilla.org have Thunderbird (as per subject line).
>> Pegasus (Windows only) and Sylpheed are both very good.

> Thanks. Another quick question: how easy would it be to migrate from
> Netscape 7.1 (I mean retaining all my mail folders, newsgroup setup,
> mail filters, bookmarks - have I forgotten anything?)?
>
> Gib

Firebird (in my experience) seems to automatically pick up any Mozilla
and/or IE bookmarks that it can find, I presume that will work for
Netscape as well. I don't know about mail files - suggest you look
through the release notes at www.mozilla,org.

Murray