Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Conexant Modem Drivers

Conexant Modem Drivers

BazTarD

Gidday, me thinks someone was after some drivers for one
of the above modems??
If you are still looking I may be able to help. I am doing an
upgrade/repair for a friend, his old PC as one in it, according
to the chip it's a:

Conexant
RH56D/SPCXT1035

Appears to be a 56k fax/voice/phone modem

I have the driver CD with win9?,2000,NT,ME for two types,
HCF and HSF (Internal) I tried the HCF drivers with Win98SE
and it worked ok. Has manuals also.

If you still need them, e-mail me @
barrymclennan at xtra dot co dot nz

Cheers.

steve

BazTarD allegedly said:

> Gidday, me thinks someone was after some drivers for one
> of the above modems??
> If you are still looking I may be able to help. I am doing an
> upgrade/repair for a friend, his old PC as one in it, according
> to the chip it's a:
>
> Conexant
> RH56D/SPCXT1035
>
> Appears to be a 56k fax/voice/phone modem
>
> I have the driver CD with win9?,2000,NT,ME for two types,
> HCF and HSF (Internal) I tried the HCF drivers with Win98SE
> and it worked ok. Has manuals also.
>
> If you still need them, e-mail me @
> barrymclennan at xtra dot co dot nz
>
> Cheers.

If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:

www.linuxant.com

--
defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
operating system.

Paul Mathews

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:45:08 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>BazTarD allegedly said:
>
>> Gidday, me thinks someone was after some drivers for one
>> of the above modems??
>> If you are still looking I may be able to help. I am doing an
>> upgrade/repair for a friend, his old PC as one in it, according
>> to the chip it's a:
>>
>> Conexant
>> RH56D/SPCXT1035
>>
>> Appears to be a 56k fax/voice/phone modem
>>
>> I have the driver CD with win9?,2000,NT,ME for two types,
>> HCF and HSF (Internal) I tried the HCF drivers with Win98SE
>> and it worked ok. Has manuals also.
>>
>> If you still need them, e-mail me @
>> barrymclennan at xtra dot co dot nz
>>
>> Cheers.

>If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:
>
>www.linuxant.com

Get a Real Modem not a Win one..

Also not all drivers work on NZ..

Ben Dover

Na, not me, just trying to help others
newsO7jb.1115$(E-Mail Removed)...
> BazTarD allegedly said:
>
> > Gidday, me thinks someone was after some drivers for one
> > of the above modems??
> > If you are still looking I may be able to help. I am doing an
> > upgrade/repair for a friend, his old PC as one in it, according
> > to the chip it's a:
> >
> > Conexant
> > RH56D/SPCXT1035
> >
> > Appears to be a 56k fax/voice/phone modem
> >
> > I have the driver CD with win9?,2000,NT,ME for two types,
> > HCF and HSF (Internal) I tried the HCF drivers with Win98SE
> > and it worked ok. Has manuals also.
> >
> > If you still need them, e-mail me @
> > barrymclennan at xtra dot co dot nz
> >
> > Cheers.

> If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:
>
> www.linuxant.com
>
> --
> defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
> operating system.

steve

Paul Mathews allegedly said:

>>If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:
>>
>>www.linuxant.com

> Get a Real Modem not a Win one..

Excellent advice.

> Also not all drivers work on NZ..

Why not?

--
defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
operating system.

T.N.O.

"steve" wrote
> > Also not all drivers work on NZ..

> Why not?

Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.

Paul Mathews

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:28:50 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Paul Mathews allegedly said:

>>>If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:
>>>
>>>www.linuxant.com

>> Get a Real Modem not a Win one..

>Excellent advice.
>
>> Also not all drivers work on NZ..

>Why not?

Because different Countries use different Phone standards, TX level and Busy
tones etc, I should know as I have tried them..

Germany has ever more like black listing of Busy phone numbers..

The Lucent Winmodem the best Winmodem has only one driver but it can configure
its self for the country its used in..

steve

T.N.O. allegedly said:

> "steve" wrote
>> > Also not all drivers work on NZ..

>> Why not?

> Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
> manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.

This must be a win-modem thing.

I have used standard (real) modems in roughly 12 countries with no worries
at all.

Another reason to avoid win-<crap>.

--

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:12:00 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>T.N.O. allegedly said:
>
>> "steve" wrote

>>> Why not?

>> Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
>> manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.

>This must be a win-modem thing.

No the real Winmodem Lucent can configure itself..

>I have used standard (real) modems in roughly 12 countries with no worries
>at all.

Dial tones & busy tone are not the same..

>Another reason to avoid win-<crap>.

Lucent one are the best..

All the posts here of late are all part Winmodems..

T.N.O.

"steve" wrote
> > Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
> > manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.

> This must be a win-modem thing.

nope, some of the newer hardware modems have country select in them too.