Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP query

XP query

Brian Tozer

Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the critical
updates so far to simplify a new installation?

Brian Tozer

rob

"Brian Tozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmhd08$2op$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the

critical
> updates so far to simplify a new installation?
>
> Brian Tozer

No, but Nathan Mercer did mention in this newsgroup that there may be some
sort of all inclusive patch CD comming from MS... at least thats how I
understood it.

Perhaps he could enlighten us????

rgsd
rob

Jack

rob wrote:
> "Brian Tozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmhd08$2op$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the

> critical
>
>>updates so far to simplify a new installation?
>>
>>Brian Tozer
>>

> No, but Nathan Mercer did mention in this newsgroup that there may be some
> sort of all inclusive patch CD comming from MS... at least thats how I
> understood it.
>
> Perhaps he could enlighten us????
>
> rgsd
> rob

Creating a bootable SP1a WinXP cd

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=248

Somewhere i have found webside describing a way to automatially run the
hotfixes etc after the install. I will keep looking around see if i can
find it for you again.

Cheers
Jack

lostforwords.org

Go here for how to do it with Windows 2000, WinXP much the same.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

> > "Brian Tozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bmhd08$2op$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the

> > critical
> >
> >>updates so far to simplify a new installation?
> >>
> >>Brian Tozer

AD.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 06:49:52 +1300, Brian Tozer wrote:

> Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the
> critical updates so far to simplify a new installation?

No, but the bit of jargon you want to google for is 'slipstream'.

Cheers
Anton

Jay

Brian Tozer wrote:

> Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the
> critical updates so far to simplify a new installation?

Yes.

Brian Tozer

"Jay" wrote ...
> Brian Tozer wrote:

> > Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the
> > critical updates so far to simplify a new installation?

> Yes.

Thanks for the reply.
Is the process documented anywhere accessable?

Brian Tozer

T.N.O.

"Brian Tozer" wrote
> > > Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the
> > > critical updates so far to simplify a new installation?

> > Yes.

> Thanks for the reply.
> Is the process documented anywhere accessable?

go to google.com and type slipstream xp

’_£₯ΊΡ

"Brian Tozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmhd08$2op$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone experience of creating a CD containing XP and all of the

critical
> updates so far to simplify a new installation?
>
> Brian Tozer

What I did was update WinXP to the latest patches/upgrades, then used Norton
Ghost 2003 to take a copy/image of the HDD and backed it up to another HDD.
Haven't restored it yet, but a friend of mine has done it from backing up
his HDD to DVD Disk, claims it worked ok.

Brian Tozer

"T.N.O." wrote

> "Brian Tozer" wrote

> > > Yes.

> > Thanks for the reply.
> > Is the process documented anywhere accessable?

> go to google.com and type slipstream xp

Where it says that after creating the slipstreamed CD "You will still have
to get the post SP1 updates from Windows Update,"

That is the part that I am trying to avoid.

Brian Tozer

ASP.NET won't retrieve query results that depend on union query Eric Nelson ASP .Net 5 02-04-2009 10:51 PM
Trying to query the Address table data of AdventureWorks database from Query Analyzer - need help! Learner ASP .Net 1 01-30-2006 08:58 PM
xpath query query David Gordon XML 2 05-18-2005 03:33 PM
CAML Query: Multiple Query Fields Issue Jon F. ASP .Net Web Services 0 05-12-2004 08:19 PM

Advertisments