Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Any idea who manufactured these?

Any idea who manufactured these?

moe

http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175

tia

Nicolaas Hawkins

On 14 Oct 2003 , moe wrote :

> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
>
> tia

The nice people thoughtfully provide an "Any Questions? Ask Us" button on
the web page.

It probably isn't there just for decoration.

Why not use it?

--
Nicolaas.

Paul Mathews

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:41:42 +1300, moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
>
>tia

Could be any one have a look on cdmediaworld

They might show them..

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd.shtml

Or e-mail the firms that is selling them and ask for a printout of the ATIP..

Tim

moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
>
> tia

Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

--
Tim
- <insert witty signature here>

moe

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:36:36 +1300, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
>>
>> tia

>Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
>They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
>who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

thanks.

Paul Mathews

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:52:08 +1300, moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:36:36 +1300, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>
>>> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
>>>
>>> tia

>>Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
>>They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
>>who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

>thanks.

Post the ATIP here to prove it..?

TEX

Paul Mathews wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:52:08 +1300, moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:36:36 +1300, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news(E-Mail Removed) :

>>>Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
>>>They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
>>>who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

>>thanks.

> Post the ATIP here to prove it..?

Media : CD-R/RW media
Media : CD-R media
Subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)
Disc(Matrix) Manufacturer : Ricoh Company Limited
Recording Characteristics : Short Strategy Type (ex. Phthalocyanine
type media)
Indicative Target Writing Power : 4 mW
Use : Restricted
Capacity (nominal) : 702.82 Mb

Paul Mathews

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:45:37 +1300, TEX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Paul Mathews wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:52:08 +1300, moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>thanks.

>> Post the ATIP here to prove it..?
>>

>Media : CD-R/RW media
>Media : CD-R media
>Subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)
>Disc(Matrix) Manufacturer : Ricoh Company Limited
>Recording Characteristics : Short Strategy Type (ex. Phthalocyanine
>type media)
>Indicative Target Writing Power : 4 mW
>Use : Restricted
>Capacity (nominal) : 702.82 Mb

Thanks

MarkH

Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns941556A687BCnewsgroupsnetdaemonc@192.168.0 .1:

> moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
>>
>> tia

> Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually
> Ricoh. They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I
> know a guy who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

500, thatís only equal to 10 spindles of 50. I have personally burnt close
to that many. I have purchased somewhere around 2500 Ricoh CDs for me and
my friends, I canít remember encountering a faulty disk.

I must say that the link provided by moe is to one BAD deal. The same
website also lists the spindles of 50 for close to the same price.
25 = $21.80 = $0.872 per disk
50 = $25.87 = $0.5174 per disk (This is about the same price I pay for the
same disks) You would have to be nuts to pay 68% more per disk.

When you can buy a quality name brand disk for such a good price why would
you buy those cheap dodgy disks from the warehouse?

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

bambam

MarkH <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bmj6u8$e5n$(E-Mail Removed):

> I must say that the link provided by moe is to one BAD deal. The
> same website also lists the spindles of 50 for close to the same
> price. 25 = $21.80 = $0.872 per disk
> 50 = $25.87 = $0.5174 per disk (This is about the same price I pay
> for the same disks) You would have to be nuts to pay 68% more per
> disk.
>
> When you can buy a quality name brand disk for such a good price
> why would you buy those cheap dodgy disks from the warehouse?

Because if you can't pick them up from the shop your price isn't quite
so good, below is the price delivered to any Sth Island city.
I'll stick with my 60Ę Warehouse specials.

50 Pack RICOH CD Spindle CD-R Type80 (700 MB),
1x-40x write speeds
$23.00 $2.87 $25.87
Shipping Fee $13.00 $1.62 $14.63
Total Tax $4.49
Total Amount Due $40.50

--
Remember, half the people you know are below average.