max

Anyone else having problems accessing international websites with
xtra? There network status shows no problems.

I am getting packet loss, and it stalls at wcg.net

202.50.116.178 p1-3.sjbr1.global-gateway.net.nz NZ
GateNational Service Provider

202.37.245.230 so-1-3-0-0.pabr3.global-gateway.net.nz NZ Gate
National Service Provider

198.32.176.139 sntcca2lce1.wcg.net Asia Global Crossing Japan IP
hub

jedmesiter

Yes!!! I had these problems about the same time...I phoned xtra business
support, but they had left their phone off the hook, after navigating their
phone menu system.

So, called 123, advised them of the problem, while they were investigating,
everything began working around 1.45pm on the 14th.

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone else having problems accessing international websites with
> xtra? There network status shows no problems.
>
> I am getting packet loss, and it stalls at wcg.net
>
> 202.50.116.178 p1-3.sjbr1.global-gateway.net.nz NZ
> GateNational Service Provider
>
> 202.37.245.230 so-1-3-0-0.pabr3.global-gateway.net.nz NZ Gate
> National Service Provider
>
> 198.32.176.139 sntcca2lce1.wcg.net Asia Global Crossing Japan IP
> hub

T.N.O.

"max" wrote
> Xtra didn't see this as being their
> problem, even though it was an issue with one of their third party
> suppliers.

If there is a traffic jam on a street in wellington, and no traffic going
through, is the traffic jam the responsability of the Auckland City Council?

after all, the roads are connected? and if you want to get from
Auckland(your provider) to Picton(the games provider) you wou.ld have to go
through Wellington(the problem).

max

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:07:29 +1300, "jedmesiter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes!!! I had these problems about the same time...I phoned xtra business
>support, but they had left their phone off the hook, after navigating their
>phone menu system.
>
>So, called 123, advised them of the problem, while they were investigating,
>everything began working around 1.45pm on the 14th.
>

>"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Anyone else having problems accessing international websites with
>> xtra? There network status shows no problems.
>>
>> I am getting packet loss, and it stalls at wcg.net
>>
>> 202.50.116.178 p1-3.sjbr1.global-gateway.net.nz NZ
>> GateNational Service Provider
>>
>> 202.37.245.230 so-1-3-0-0.pabr3.global-gateway.net.nz NZ Gate
>> National Service Provider
>>
>> 198.32.176.139 sntcca2lce1.wcg.net Asia Global Crossing Japan IP
>> hub

Thing started working for me around 6pm. Read the post below regarding
xtra, as it was the same problem. Xtra didn't see this as being their
problem, even though it was an issue with one of their third party
suppliers.

AD.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:47:58 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

> If there is a traffic jam on a street in wellington, and no traffic going
> through, is the traffic jam the responsability of the Auckland City
> Council?
>
> after all, the roads are connected? and if you want to get from
> Auckland(your provider) to Picton(the games provider) you wou.ld have to
> go through Wellington(the problem).

I'd say its more like:

You order a widget from a reseller that ends up backordered from the
importer. Who do you get to follow this up?

or

A package is being couriered to you (in Picton) from Auckland, but held up
in a traffic jam in Wellington. Who do you call about this?

I reckon it would be the reseller and the courier respectively myself.

Cheers
Anton

max

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:22:41 +1300, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:47:58 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
>
>> If there is a traffic jam on a street in wellington, and no traffic going
>> through, is the traffic jam the responsability of the Auckland City
>> Council?
>>
>> after all, the roads are connected? and if you want to get from
>> Auckland(your provider) to Picton(the games provider) you wou.ld have to
>> go through Wellington(the problem).

>I'd say its more like:
>
>You order a widget from a reseller that ends up backordered from the
>importer. Who do you get to follow this up?
>
>or
>
>A package is being couriered to you (in Picton) from Auckland, but held up
>in a traffic jam in Wellington. Who do you call about this?
>
>I reckon it would be the reseller and the courier respectively myself.
>
>Cheers
>Anton

Yes you start at the first point of contact, then work your way down.
The contract is of course with the first point of contact.

T.N.O.

"max" wrote
> Yes you start at the first point of contact, then work your way down.
> The contract is of course with the first point of contact.

Fine, either way, we will never know what fixed it, could have been Mr
Helpdesk, could have been the message on the voicemail.

Mainlander

> "max" wrote
> > Yes you start at the first point of contact, then work your way down.
> > The contract is of course with the first point of contact.

> Fine, either way, we will never know what fixed it, could have been Mr
> Helpdesk, could have been the message on the voicemail.

I got paradise to fix the ERROR_PPP_NO_PROTOCOLS_CONFIGURED error. Took
them about a week to sort it out.

T.N.O.

"Mainlander" wrote
> I got paradise to fix the ERROR_PPP_NO_PROTOCOLS_CONFIGURED error. Took
> them about a week to sort it out.

what was the cause?