Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > matrix reloaded price

matrix reloaded price

thefly

"Carl Elphick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsTNib.947$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whitcoulls in courtney central in wellington are selling it for $34.95,
> around the corner at the CD Store its $39.95

Damn, too late for me, I already paid $39.95, oh well at least I don't
usually pay anywhere near full price, once in a while is not so bad.

thefly

"EAgle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmge11$b39$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got a flyer from Warehouse today saying its on special for $32 .. bought

my
> copy from Whitcoulls for $35 ....

I rang The Warehouse Tuesday and they said it was $39.95, have not received
a flyer in the mail yet so when is this price valid from?

thefly

"Steven H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) z...
> In article <bmge5a$bb6$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> >
> > "jedmesiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ehFib.177577$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special

> > effects...they
> > > should sell for $10.
> > >

> > It was boring to those that didn't care about the storyline.. for those

that
> > just went to a movie to watch effects.. for those of us that followed

the
> > storyline deeply it was a very good movie.. revealed a lot of the

backline
> > story and answered a lot of questions (bet you thought that the chat

with
> > the architect was the most boring bit of the movie.. when it was infact

the
> > most important)

> all i know is that it ****ed my brain more than the first one
>
> matrix within a matrix ?
>
> --
> ================================================== =
> Steven H

Yeah I agree that a matrix within a matrix is the most obvious and logical
conclusion from watching just the 2 movies anyhow, I have only seen reloaded
once so will be interesting to see what I pickup on a 2nd viewing, I just
hope they don't come up with a inconsistent conclusion to the story just to
make it a surprise, I have seen many a movie/t.v program where they come up
with some ridiculous twist that is totally inconsistent with what they have
shown and told you just so they can surprise everyone, this is not in the
least bit clever. Anyhow so far things in the matrix movies appear to be
consistent so I will presume at this stage that we are not going to be
shafted with the conclusion. That's if we get a conclusion, with the success
of the movie being so great they will want to milk the concept for all the
cash they can get, I hope this does not mean that the original intended
conclusion is put on hold so they can do spin-offs. Anyhow all fears aside
what makes the matrix movies good for me is the many layers of story, not
the action, the action is cool but without the story it would be nothing to
me.

bambam

"thefly" <trap@trap> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "EAgle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmge11$b39$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Got a flyer from Warehouse today saying its on special for $32 ..
>> bought

> my
>> copy from Whitcoulls for $35 ....
>>

> I rang The Warehouse Tuesday and they said it was $39.95, have not
> received a flyer in the mail yet so when is this price valid from?

Prices effective from Wednesday 15/10/2003 to Tuesday 21/10/2003.
Matrix Reloaded release promotion.
DVD #9398710379594 $32.99

--
Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?

SNOman

thefly wrote:

> Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang The
> Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of the
> rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the same
> for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of the rings dvd, you get the best
> price if you buy it straight away when demand is the highest, it was the
> same with the 1st lord of the rings dvd, you would normally expect to pay
> the most while demand is highest but The Warehouse surprised me with this
> move, it makes some sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd rather
> than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
> highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the lotr
> dvd very quickly.

Was lucky enough to score mine for $23 and it arrived on my desk
yesterday. Not purchased through a retail store though

thefly

"SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmiavn$luk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> thefly wrote:
>
> > Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

The
> > Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of

the
> > rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the

same
> > for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of the rings dvd, you get the best
> > price if you buy it straight away when demand is the highest, it was the
> > same with the 1st lord of the rings dvd, you would normally expect to

pay
> > the most while demand is highest but The Warehouse surprised me with

this
> > move, it makes some sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd

rather
> > than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
> > highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the

lotr
> > dvd very quickly.
> >

> Was lucky enough to score mine for $23 and it arrived on my desk
> yesterday. Not purchased through a retail store though

So is that wholesale price?

SNOman

thefly wrote:

> "SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmiavn$luk$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>thefly wrote:
>>

>>>Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

> The
>
>>>Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of

> the
>
>>>rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the

> same
>
>>>for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of the rings dvd, you get the best
>>>price if you buy it straight away when demand is the highest, it was the
>>>same with the 1st lord of the rings dvd, you would normally expect to

> pay
>
>>>the most while demand is highest but The Warehouse surprised me with

> this
>
>>>move, it makes some sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd

> rather
>
>>>than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
>>>highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the

> lotr
>
>>>dvd very quickly.
>>>

>>Was lucky enough to score mine for $23 and it arrived on my desk
>>yesterday. Not purchased through a retail store though

> So is that wholesale price?

Probably. Don't know for sure.

Is Best Buy the only retail store with the cheapest price for Matrix Reloaded DVD? ANTant@zimage.com DVD Video 42 10-23-2003 12:42 AM
Matrix Reloaded Colin Walsh DVD Video 14 07-23-2003 08:34 PM
New Releases: Matrix Reloaded, Carlito's Way & Willard: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 7 07-20-2003 07:08 AM
"Matrix Reloaded" DVD news at Compressed Data Compressed Data DVD Video 0 07-15-2003 03:05 AM
Re: MATRIX RELOADED (spoilers..) Darth This DVD Video 0 06-24-2003 09:17 AM

Advertisments