Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows "move" command

Windows "move" command

Nicholas Sherlock

Hey all,

Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in the
top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

cowboyz

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

the
> top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

click to open the menu... click on move.. then hold down the left mouse
button and move the mouse to where you want the window.

What bit are you having trouble with?

T.N.O.

"Howard" wrote
> Press Alt+Spacebar to activate the window menu. Select Move and then
> yourcursor keys can move the window, instead of having to drag it with the
> mouse.

thats cool, but you cant move it far off your screen...

BTW, your clocks out considerably

Mainlander

In article <bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in the
> top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

Keypresses

Mainlander

In article <bmetnp$83h$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

> the
> > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nicholas Sherlock
> >

> click to open the menu... click on move.. then hold down the left mouse
> button and move the mouse to where you want the window.

Why bother when you just drag with the mouse?

cowboyz

"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <bmetnp$83h$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >
> > "Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking

in
> > the
> > > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Nicholas Sherlock
> > >

> > click to open the menu... click on move.. then hold down the left mouse
> > button and move the mouse to where you want the window.

> Why bother when you just drag with the mouse?

Exactly.........

However there are times when you can "lose" the window and ayou can right
click the taskbar and selelct move to bring it back..........

Al

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

the
> top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

Arrow keys shift the window up/down/left/right by several pixels in one go.

Control-Arrow keys shift the window one pixel at a time.

Al.

Nicholas Sherlock

Al wrote:
> "Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking
>> in the top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it
>> out.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nicholas Sherlock
>>

> Arrow keys shift the window up/down/left/right by several pixels in
> one go.
>
> Control-Arrow keys shift the window one pixel at a time.

Ah! Finally! I know the ultimate secret of Windows.. now I can rule all of
my friends .

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Steven H

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, *@*.*
says...
> In article <bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in the
> > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

> Keypresses

ctl+x ctl+v

works for me
Steven H

Howard

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmesvl$7nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

the
> top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

Its useful for keyboard centric people.