Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LCD screen recommendations....

LCD screen recommendations....

Vince

Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...

Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?

TIA
Vince

Paul Mathews

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:47:17 +1300, Vince <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
>
>Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?
>
>TIA
>Vince

Most offices seem to be using Philips these days..

Look at the warrantee details like lamp life and dead pixels..

Some are rated for 30,000 hours and some as high at 50,000 but some only gave
a 1 year warrantee..

My Retail dealer does not like Samsung as the agents gave him the runaround
on a bad monitor..

Paul Mathews

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:10:02 +1300, bt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:47:17 +1300, Vince <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
>>
>>Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?

>The hitachi from Ascent gets rave reviews. I have one and it seems
>pretty damn good. vga and dvi. Comes with both cables and an erotic
>dancer *.
>

>*conditions apply **

>**Price includes one (1) g-string and an instruction pamphlet.
>

>Brendan (Avatar)

Mine now has a stuck pixel, but other than that its a Good Gaming monitor, but
I payed a lot less that what Ascent charges..

A resent OZZ Mag gave it a very bad report, but what concerns me that other
monitors in the same review that use the same LCD panel got better marks.

BB

Hyundai/ImageQuest. Warranty (3 year onsite replacement) = 1 failed
pixel...that's 1, not 1%

BB
NZ

--

"Vince" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
>
> Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?
>
> TIA
> Vince

pete

"Paul Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:10:02 +1300, bt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:47:17 +1300, Vince <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
> >>
> >>Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?

> >The hitachi from Ascent gets rave reviews. I have one and it seems
> >pretty damn good. vga and dvi. Comes with both cables and an erotic
> >dancer *.
> >

> >*conditions apply **

> >**Price includes one (1) g-string and an instruction pamphlet.
> >

> >Brendan (Avatar)

> Mine now has a stuck pixel, but other than that its a Good Gaming monitor,

but
> I payed a lot less that what Ascent charges..
>
> A resent OZZ Mag gave it a very bad report, but what concerns me that

other
> monitors in the same review that use the same LCD panel got better marks.

Just goes to show that magazine reviews are not all you'd hope they are. All
they are testing is one or maybe two examples of a product, they might get
the one bad one out of a batch or they might get the only good one the
factory has ever made.If you REALLY want to know whats what with LCDs,
there's an old know-all over Kapiti named Woger.He can tell you things that
even the manuFACTurers don't, 'cos he reads things on the Web!

KS

"Vince" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
>
> Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?
>
> TIA
> Vince

Currently using a Samsung and its bloody excellent. Was good value for money
too. Will never look at an old CRT again!

KS

Paul Mathews

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:04:24 +1300, "KS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Vince" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
>>
>> Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?
>>
>> TIA
>> Vince

>Currently using a Samsung and its bloody excellent. Was good value for money
>too. Will never look at an old CRT again!
>
>KS

They don't get very good reviews..

Paul Mathews

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:31:25 +1300, "BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hyundai/ImageQuest. Warranty (3 year onsite replacement) = 1 failed
>pixel...that's 1, not 1%
>
>BB
>NZ

And what about the Lamps and the rated Lamp Life..?

Allistar

Vince wrote:

> Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
>
> Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?
>
> TIA
> Vince

I use a Cornea (MP704) and am very happy with it. I imported it from
Australia about 8 months ago because it was cheaper (even taking into
account the freight) than buying locally.

Allistar.

Phillip Weston

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:15:47 +1300, Paul Mathews
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:04:24 +1300, "KS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Vince" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Daughter is after a 17" LCD to plug into her laptop at work...
>>>
>>> Samsung has been mentioned, any more? Favourites, dogs & lepers?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Vince

>>Currently using a Samsung and its bloody excellent. Was good value for money
>>too. Will never look at an old CRT again!
>>
>>KS
>>

>They don't get very good reviews..

Reviews mean nothing. Your Hitachi was given good reviews right? Look
how that turned out. Later on it was given bad reviews right?

--
Phillip Weston
Taumarunui, New Zealand