Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > fomatting with xp

fomatting with xp

mattboyle

i got myself a nice virus that stops my nortons from working even if i
uninstall and reinstall.

how does one format your hard drive when u are usinf win xp

98 is easy as u can boot with dos

any help would be great.

cheers

T.N.O.

"mattboyle" wrote
> how does one format your hard drive when u are usinf win xp

Chuck the XP cdrom in the drive, reboot, make sure your PC is set to "boot
from CD" and it will go from there.

Mr Scebe

"mattboyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsO6ib.175834$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i got myself a nice virus that stops my nortons from working even if i
> uninstall and reinstall.
>
> how does one format your hard drive when u are usinf win xp
>
> 98 is easy as u can boot with dos
>
> any help would be great.

Make sure the boot order is set to boot from CD before HDD in the BIOS. Put
the CD in the drive and reboot. Press a key when you see the message "Press
any key to boot from CD".

--
Mr Scebe
Losers always whine about their 'best'.

Invisible

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:48:16 +1300, "mattboyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i got myself a nice virus that stops my nortons from working even if i
>uninstall and reinstall.

Swen? Download the removal tool.

Simple example for fomatting output in columns? A Watcher Java 10 08-17-2007 01:02 AM
Simple Fomatting question. Date to String and back. Phillip Vong ASP .Net 1 10-24-2006 01:39 PM
Number Fomatting utab C++ 3 04-12-2006 11:50 AM
Grid Cell Fomatting Red ASP .Net 1 04-04-2004 09:33 PM
Fomatting Text & Credit Card Validation Michelle A. ASP .Net 4 08-27-2003 01:09 PM

Advertisments