Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Output on a monitor at the same time as TV?

Output on a monitor at the same time as TV?

cOKe

What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
card, won't be playing too many games!
Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
to a Television via a S-Video cable...

Oh and can this be done???

Cheers,

cOKe

E. Scrooge

"cOKe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmadpb$1q8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
> card, won't be playing too many games!
> Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
> to a Television via a S-Video cable...
>
> Oh and can this be done???
>
> Cheers,
>
> cOKe

Not a problem. A now cheap Ti4200 card is a good option and offers damn
good graphic power. It depends on the specs of your PC as well.
S-video is the best way to go. By changing the settings, you can have a
video playing in a small window (or full screen) on the monitor while
playing on the TV in full screen mode. That's the biggest advantage of
having TV output.

E. Scrooge

RecylerMan

cOKe wrote:

> What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
> card, won't be playing too many games!
> Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
> to a Television via a S-Video cable...
>
> Oh and can this be done???
>
> Cheers,
>

> cOKe

a very cheep sis6326 can do this

--
RecylerMan ICQ 22245595
Mail to :- l i n u x u s r AT i h u g DOT c o DOT n z

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:27:42 +1300, RecylerMan <(E-Mail Removed)0.nz>
wrote:

>cOKe wrote:
>
>> What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
>> card, won't be playing too many games!
>> Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
>> to a Television via a S-Video cable...
>>
>> Oh and can this be done???
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

>> cOKe
>>

>a very cheep sis6326 can do this

And Not supported with TVtool..

Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
etc, and 800 x 600..

TVtool lets you use other modes..

Paul Gunson

Big wrote:
> And Not supported with TVtool..
>
> Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
> etc, and 800 x 600..

any GeForce card can do simultaneous clone or span output to TV without
TVtool. not sure what you're referring to RE the Hz... my monitor runs
at 85Hz, the TV at 50Hz, both different res.

Paul Mathews

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:15:07 +1300, Paul Gunson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Big wrote:
>> And Not supported with TVtool..
>>
>> Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
>> etc, and 800 x 600..

>any GeForce card can do simultaneous clone or span output to TV without
>TVtool. not sure what you're referring to RE the Hz... my monitor runs
>at 85Hz, the TV at 50Hz, both different res.

TVtool lets you select different TV rates, can you do that with out it..?

Paul Gunson

Paul Mathews wrote:
> TVtool lets you select different TV rates, can you do that with out it..?

by rates if you mean different PAL/NTSC resolutions and frequencies,
then yes you can change that in display settings. a few GeForce cards
(440MX for example) have nVidia's own custom TVout chip and won't be
reconized by TVtool which is a shame.

RecylerMan

Big wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:27:42 +1300, RecylerMan <(E-Mail Removed)0.nz>
> wrote:
>

>>cOKe wrote:
>>

>>>What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
>>>card, won't be playing too many games!
>>>Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
>>>to a Television via a S-Video cable...
>>>
>>>Oh and can this be done???
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>

>>>cOKe
>>>

>>a very cheep sis6326 can do this

> And Not supported with TVtool..
>
> Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
> etc, and 800 x 600..
>
> TVtool lets you use other modes..

TVtool not needed you can watch a boot up on tv and also do things in
bios play dos games all without TVtool the rest of the control is done
in the widows driver and it just works no third party softwere needed....