Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > HTML quicky

HTML quicky

John

Hi dudes

How do you make a pop up windows?
I want to be able to click on a link, have a pop up windows with some
images and a caption...
Website under contruction at
http://www.myplace.co.nz/marlin/marlin.htm

Cheers
John

me here

John wrote:

> Hi dudes
>
> How do you make a pop up windows?
> I want to be able to click on a link, have a pop up windows with some
> images and a caption...
> Website under contruction at
> http://www.myplace.co.nz/marlin/marlin.htm
>

> Cheers
> John

Have a look at http://jimmont.com/resrc/popmeup.htm

Complex
------------------
window.open('http://www.jimmont.com/resrc/src/','mySite','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,sta tus=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=500 ,height=300,top='+eval((screen.availHeight
- 300) / 3)+',left='+eval((screen.availWidth - 500) /
2));mypopup.focus();">open window in href</a>

Simple
------------------
onclick="window.open('http://www.jimmont.com/resrc/src/','','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,width=50, height=300');">really
simple window opener</a>

Brendon Pascoe

Don't be so complicated, just set the target in the <href> to "blank".

Brendon

"me here" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nTghb.7494$(E-Mail Removed)...
John wrote:

> Hi dudes
>
> How do you make a pop up windows?
> I want to be able to click on a link, have a pop up windows with some
> images and a caption...
> Website under contruction at
> http://www.myplace.co.nz/marlin/marlin.htm
>

> Cheers
> John

Have a look at http://jimmont.com/resrc/popmeup.htm

Complex
------------------
window.open('http://www.jimmont.com/resrc/src/','mySite','toolbar=0,location
=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,r esizable=1,width=500,heigh
t=300,top='+eval((screen.availHeight
- 300) / 3)+',left='+eval((screen.availWidth - 500) /
2));mypopup.focus();">open window in href</a>

Simple
------------------
onclick="window.open('http://www.jimmont.com/resrc/src/','','toolbar=0,locat
ion=0,directories=0,width=50,height=300');">really
simple window opener</a>

Rob

In news:qojhb.173178$(E-Mail Removed),
Brendon Pascoe roused me from near catatonia by blurting:
> Don't be so complicated, just set the target in the <href> to "blank".
>
> Brendon

Unfortunately the target attribute is deprecated and will not authenticate.
Still works, but no guarantee with future browsers.

Rob

Brendon Pascoe

just as well micro$oft ain't developing any more browsers now is it?
about time we had some quality companies develop a decent browser I reckon
anyway!

Brendon

news:bm4ith$qkf$(E-Mail Removed)...

In news:qojhb.173178$(E-Mail Removed),
Brendon Pascoe roused me from near catatonia by blurting:
> Don't be so complicated, just set the target in the <href> to "blank".
>
> Brendon

Unfortunately the target attribute is deprecated and will not authenticate.
Still works, but no guarantee with future browsers.

Rob

T.N.O.

"Bret" wrote
> What happened to the Irish wiz kids super browser?
> http://www.dienstraum.com/archiv/001568.php

It was only "super" in a "Big Gay Al" way...

Bret

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:54:29 +1300, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bret" wrote
>> What happened to the Irish wiz kids super browser?
>> http://www.dienstraum.com/archiv/001568.php

>It was only "super" in a "Big Gay Al" way...

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't :-

Mainlander

In article <bm4ith$qkf$(E-Mail Removed)>, phstpok@cold-hot-warm-tepid-
mail.com says...

> In news:qojhb.173178$(E-Mail Removed),
> Brendon Pascoe roused me from near catatonia by blurting:
> > Don't be so complicated, just set the target in the <href> to "blank".
> >
> > Brendon
> >

> Unfortunately the target attribute is deprecated and will not authenticate.
> Still works, but no guarantee with future browsers.

The W3C specs say nothing at all of a deprecated status.

asdf

"Bret" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:14:31 +1300, "Brendon Pascoe"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >just as well micro$oft ain't developing any more browsers now is it?
> >about time we had some quality companies develop a decent browser I

reckon
> >anyway!
> >

> What happened to the Irish wiz kids super browser?
> http://www.dienstraum.com/archiv/001568.php

No, download, no desent pics! just a whole lot of storys raving on about it.
O well, maby if it is all its made out to be we'll get to use it one day
(athough i have to say the screen shot there dose make it look like it uses
up a lot of screen area for nothing! (have to say i like my apps to be nice
a slick and not show more uslice space for 'cosmentic' resons than needed)

But saying that its cool to see young kids doing things like that i wish i
could of done things like that when i were his age!

Daniel

Quicky Johnnie Scott Computer Support 3 01-24-2007 02:14 PM
quicky on startup screen MajBach Computer Support 2 05-17-2006 04:13 PM
A question about 1080i, just a quicky. The Lonley one DVD Video 1 01-14-2005 05:31 AM
Session Quicky =?Utf-8?B?anNhbGU=?= ASP .Net 1 12-20-2004 10:39 AM
Quicky peace Computer Support 5 08-01-2003 10:21 PM

Advertisments