Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Chipset Heatsinks

Chipset Heatsinks

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

After clocking my chiupset to 250mhz, its shaking and unstbale, but thats cause its a tad hot, lets say cold was 30C and hot was 45C, then its 48C and climbing not very nice to do to a nforce4 SLi
Does anyone have an Recomendations..
These are the predicitments,
Hot Chipset
Not a Whole lota room to work with
Caught without knowning, in this picture shows how much the video card hangs over.
about 3 - 5mm clear above the Chipset the video card lyes and the video card goes over about 15-20mm

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

If it got above 65C I'd be worried. If you want you can shove a fan on it because you can't use the zalman because it's too tall

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i can move my Video card to the second Slot but its hard to get back working when u have a SLi setup

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Indeed. I wouldn't go moving your vid card for it

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

any good brands i should look at? i can look for Clearance hieghts and so forth.

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

I'd say just shove like a little low profile 40mm fan or something on your stock heatsink. I haven't seen others around that are that shape and not tall

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i have to get a Fan then but how to mount it *ponders*

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Simple, just put a tiny dab of super glue on each base corner of the fan and stick it on. If you want to take it off a little/reasonable amount of pressure will cleanly snap it free and not damage anything. It's what I did awhile back on my last mobo.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i will have a quick look at some heatsinks and replace the thermal gease on the chipset first... because i cant finish my review without a good stable chipset... and i dont know how to change the chipset voltage on my mobo... (theres no "Chipset Voltage" option theirs "HTT voltage" and "Core Voltage" though there is also a "CPU Voltage"... i am confused)

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Why change your chipset voltage for your next review???