Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > UDFS - WinXP - can it be disabled?

UDFS - WinXP - can it be disabled?

Peter Huebner

I own a Britannica DVD. Unfortunately it does not work (no search
results are displayed) when UDF disk format is enabled for the [CD]
drives. I know how to disable this in Win98, but cannot find
how to do it in XP. Looked though the Microsoft KB without joy.

Does anybody have a clue?

-P.

Paul

I've neva seen the option of UDF in XP
itself since I"ve had it!

That would only apply , I think if u had
a CD burner, and using UDF reader which
is a separate program. If you use something
like CD Creator / DirectCD.

And want to read a CDR or CDRW (I think)
in a CD (when either havent been finalised)?

I maybe wrong! What program are you
using to play the DVD? I wouldnt
trust MS's built-in Windows Media Player
for DVD. Get a program, like WinDVD
or PowerDVD. See if that works.

news:(E-Mail Removed) .co.nz...