Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Online banking gateway ?

Online banking gateway ?

Southern Kiwi

Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments from
my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my account?
I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks it then they
process the payment.

Tried Goggle, but I'm not even sure where to start
TIA
--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Peter

this quote is from Southern Kiwi of Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:57 :
> Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments
> from my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my
> account? I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks
> it then they process the payment.

Webfarm is a NZ company that does this sort of thing. They have been around
for a while and seem to get good press.
http://www.webfarm.co.nz/worldpay/index.mv

I use them for web hosting and have found them fine.

HTH

Peter

madknoxie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments from
> my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my account?
> I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks it then they
> process the payment.

There are a few, you really need to know what want. Do you want to
accept payment specifically in $NZD, do you have a merchant account to
use, etc?

A couple that will accept transactions in $NZD, and who just take a cut
then credit the money into your account are:

http://www.2checkout.com
http://www.worldpay.co.nz/
http://www.zipzap.co.nz/

Or you could just rent a shopping cart like these:
http://www.gumboot.com/ezshop/ezshop.htm
http://www.webdrive.co.nz/

If you have a merchant account with your bank, one option is to take
credit card details securely (and freely) using: http://www.mals-e.com
and then just zip-zap them on the old card swipe machine.

--
madknoxie

Aaron Lawrence

Thus spake Southern Kiwi:
> Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments from
> my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my account?
> I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks it then they
> process the payment.

They are around, but you will find them expensive if you're doing small
amounts. Services like Paypal or Moneybookers are much cheaper.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

max

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:21:42 +1200, Aaron Lawrence
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thus spake Southern Kiwi:
>> Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments from
>> my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my account?
>> I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks it then they
>> process the payment.

>They are around, but you will find them expensive if you're doing small
>amounts. Services like Paypal or Moneybookers are much cheaper.

Can you do paypay in NZ dollars?

Aaron Lawrence

Thus spake max:
> Can you do paypay in NZ dollars?

Good point, it seems not:

U.S. Dollar
Canadian Dollar
Euro
Pound Sterling
Yen

Moneybookers.com, however, you can.

One person who really disliked Paypal thought Moneybookers a better bet.

They seem OK to me.