Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Games Shops

Games Shops

BB

Hi folks,

I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
shops rock? PC or console...

Rgds

BB
NZ

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
>shops rock? PC or console...
>
>Rgds
>
>BB
>NZ

I thought it was alt.binaries.dnload..-

Craig Sutton

<Big http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

or
> >shops rock? PC or console...
> >
> >Rgds
> >
> >BB
> >NZ

> I thought it was alt.binaries.dnload..-

Thought you would prefer bittorent

PseUDO

BB wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
> shops rock? PC or console...
>
> Rgds
>
> BB
> NZ

www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of the time the cheapest.

PseUDO

Ali P

"PseUDO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jFOgb.7109$(E-Mail Removed)...
> BB wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

or
> > shops rock? PC or console...
> >
> > Rgds
> >
> > BB
> > NZ
> >

> www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of the time

the cheapest.

> PseUDO

I'll second that - I've bought from gpstore a few times and service/price
has been good.
Also trademe is a good place to pick up some bargains and offload your old
games.

KS

>> www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of
>> the time the cheapest.

> I'll second that - I've bought from gpstore a few times and
> service/price has been good.

I'll third it. They're great.

And their forums www.gpforums.co.nz help too. You might even pick up a 2nd
hand game from their buy/sell forum.

Enkidu

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
>shops rock? PC or console...

Only big girls' blouses run games on PCs or consoles.

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.

~misfit~

"BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HuNgb.7078$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks,
>
> I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

or
> shops rock? PC or console...

Dick Smith. I'm a member of their VIP club and get 10% off software. Their
prices are usually quite competetive anyway.
--
~misfit~

---

PseUDO

~misfit~ wrote:
> "BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HuNgb.7078$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

> or
>
>>shops rock? PC or console...

> Dick Smith. I'm a member of their VIP club and get 10% off software. Their
> prices are usually quite competetive anyway.
> --
> ~misfit~

When in to Dick smiths today to see if they would match the gpstore price for Battlefeild 1942 which is currently $64.95, dick smiths price was $99.00, the guy looked up on the
computer and said that it is currently on special at the moment and that $99 is the special price.
Not putting DS down because they are a good shop for some itmes, but PC games isn't one of them. gpstore's price will always be lower than dick smiths.

PseUDO

T.N.O.

"PseUDO" wrote
> When in to Dick smiths today to see if they would match the gpstore price

for Battlefeild 1942 which is currently $64.95, dick smiths price was
$99.00, the guy looked up on the
> computer and said that it is currently on special at the moment and that

$99 is the special price.
> Not putting DS down because they are a good shop for some itmes, but PC

games isn't one of them. gpstore's price will always be lower than dick
smiths.

I have had the reverse situation in the past... not saying that it is all
the time, but it does happen both ways.
Bought Half Life/CounterStrike/Blue switch(?) combo pack for 89 from there,
at the time, all other places I checked had it for either 109, 119, or 129
saved minimum of 20.