Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Bulk printing of Digital images

Bulk printing of Digital images

lrollo@paradise.net.nz

I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,

Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
$1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?

SNOman

> I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,
>
> Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
> $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?

Digital max online are doing them for 60c

http://www.digitalmax.co.nz

I would recommend getting a few done first and seeing if you are happy with
the quality if you choose to use digitalmax, I've given them three chances
so far and haven't been impressed yet (cf to frog prints or my local Fuji
image plaza). I have emailed and called to try and find what their
processing can / can't / sometimes does to the images prior to printing, no
answers or reply's yet. I got three prints made from the same file, each is
different, I found this a bit concerning.

Waiting for them to reply.....

Any one else used them?

"SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blt8hj$mu7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,
> >
> > Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
> > $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?
> >

> Digital max online are doing them for 60c
>
> http://www.digitalmax.co.nz

Seagull

"G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qSqgb.6590$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would recommend getting a few done first and seeing if you are happy

with
> the quality if you choose to use digitalmax, I've given them three chances
> so far and haven't been impressed yet (cf to frog prints or my local Fuji
> image plaza). I have emailed and called to try and find what their
> processing can / can't / sometimes does to the images prior to printing,

no
> answers or reply's yet. I got three prints made from the same file, each

is
> different, I found this a bit concerning.
>
> Waiting for them to reply.....
>
> Any one else used them?
>
> "SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:blt8hj$mu7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> > > I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,
> > >
> > > Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
> > > $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?
> > >

> > Digital max online are doing them for 60c
> >
> > http://www.digitalmax.co.nz

I have used them first for 120x prints off a CD and then via their prepay
card via internet for 6 x prints.

Quality was OK but not quite up to Frogprints standard. Some under exposed
images (inside caves) came up better than I ever expected.

The 60 cent print is 6"x4" whereas Frogprints have a 4.5" x6" option as
well which I like. DigitalMax print odd lengths to accommodate the slightly
off standard rectangle I had cropped some images to. That is they used the
roll paper width and vary the length from 5.5" up to about 6.5".

The prepay option prints, are only 50 cents each but uploading 100 one Mb
images on my 44K bps max dialup line would take days. The prints can be
delivered free to many suburban chemist shops, in Auckland, at least.

Strangely my 120 print order was back the next day while the 6 print
internet upload took 3 days to deliver. They have online tracking.

For the $ savings I will use DigitalMax for my routine stuff and Frogprints
for a few "special" shots.
Seagull ~'~

KS

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,
>
> Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
> $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?

Perhaps not quite the less than $1, but I can recommend Frog Prints.

They printed some amazing quality photos, from my old Fuji MX1200 1.2MP
camera. Stunning quality, and very quick delivery.

I'm heading back, after I buy a new camera (drooling over a Fuji S5000 for