Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Outlook Insecurity

Outlook Insecurity

Peter

Another lesson in why email security is important.
http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,60701,00.html

"someone hacked his e-mail account"
"He believes this happened through a hole in Microsoft's Outlook
personal-information management application."

Perhaps it would have been better if he hadn't used Outlook.

Peter

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz

With 100's of e-mail programs around their is no need to use MS crap..

Nathan Mercer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Another lesson in why email security is important.
> http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,60701,00.html
>
> "someone hacked his e-mail account"
> "He believes this happened through a hole in Microsoft's Outlook
> personal-information management application."
>
> Perhaps it would have been better if he hadn't used Outlook.

This is all _speculation_

Gabe the MD says

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/show...threadid=10692

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at
Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in
Outlook's preview pane"