Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New record time for SETI unit: 9min 3.2sec

New record time for SETI unit: 9min 3.2sec

GraB

No I don't have a super computer. Just a Duron 1100. My average is
around 7hrs. Had one a month ago that went through in just under
3hrs, but this one just completed in 9min 3.2sec! It was the usual
340Kb block of data. Must have been empty sky. It happened to be my
200th unit as well.

Kelpie

GraB wrote:
> No I don't have a super computer. Just a Duron 1100. My average is
> around 7hrs. Had one a month ago that went through in just under
> 3hrs, but this one just completed in 9min 3.2sec! It was the usual
> 340Kb block of data. Must have been empty sky. It happened to be my
> 200th unit as well.

It probably detected too much interference and stopped the work unit early.

--
Kelpie

T.N.O.

"GraB" wrote
> No I don't have a super computer. Just a Duron 1100. My average is
> around 7hrs. Had one a month ago that went through in just under
> 3hrs, but this one just completed in 9min 3.2sec! It was the usual
> 340Kb block of data. Must have been empty sky. It happened to be my
> 200th unit as well.

yeah I had one of those ages ago... was quite weird I must say.