Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Guitar Port

Guitar Port

Jammy Handrux

I'm thinking about buying a Line6 Guitar Port and helping my PC and guitar
get better acquainted. Does anybody have any recommendations about local
suppliers and/or feedback (geddit ?) on the device itself ?

TIA

JB

IMHO the ongoing cost is too expensive. While the backing tracks are good,
they also take far too long to d/load with dialup.

I think it is far better to get some decent music books (Berklee Modern
Method for Guitar for example), and work your butt off with those. Excellent
books for learning to read and gaining right and left hand technique.

I'd also suggest getting hold of a hard disk recorder (I have the Zoom
MRS1266) and hook it up to your computer so you can mix tracks with your
fave software.

Far better to spend your time actually playing the guitar than sitting in
front of the computer. Although I must admit, I use Transcribe (software to
slow music down to pick off those tricky chords and licks) which does
require sitting at the 'puter.
--
JB
www.guitarlessons.co.nz

"Jammy Handrux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lWQfb.168571$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm thinking about buying a Line6 Guitar Port and helping my PC and guitar
> get better acquainted. Does anybody have any recommendations about local
> suppliers and/or feedback (geddit ?) on the device itself ?
>
> TIA

Lebowski

"JB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aB%fb.6330$(E-Mail Removed)...
>licks

Eeeeew, I hate that word.

Guitar tuning algorithms... SPG Java 4 05-19-2005 01:37 AM
Power Tab: guitar/bass tabulature freeware Ionizer Computer Support 13 02-19-2005 04:03 PM
beginning web pager. Guitar Tabs!!! bjaramil HTML 2 04-28-2004 07:29 PM
beginning web pager. Guitar Tabs bjaramil HTML 2 04-27-2004 12:52 PM
gp3 files in alt.binaries.guitar.tab benja Computer Support 3 12-18-2003 03:45 AM

Advertisments