Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows XP crash with the classic blue screen

Windows XP crash with the classic blue screen

Myname

can anyone help!?

i'm getting this msg
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC
routine.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
Select Safe Mode.

"Unreadable characters here"

*** STOP: 0x000000B8 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

newly installed system without kazaa lite intalled(had trouble with it
b4)
no overclocking, no memory tweaking(BIOS set as what the module says 3-3-
3, crashed often with by the SPD setting)

thanks in advance

Myname

just checked in my computer's property under device management...
the system board's resource memory range 00000000 - 0009FFFF

the STOP occured at 0x000000B8

any problem with my mobo?

Rider

"Myname" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> can anyone help!?
>
> i'm getting this msg
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer.
>
> A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC
> routine.
>
> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
>
> Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
> If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
> for any windows updates you might need.
>
> If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
> software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
> If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart
> your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
> Select Safe Mode.
>
> "Unreadable characters here"
>
> *** STOP: 0x000000B8 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>

> Beginning dump of physical memory
> Physical memory dump complete.
> Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
> assistance.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> newly installed system without kazaa lite intalled(had trouble with it
> b4)
> no overclocking, no memory tweaking(BIOS set as what the module says 3-3-
> 3, crashed often with by the SPD setting)
>

> thanks in advance

Have you installed the security updates to block the Blaster and Welchia
worms?

Myname

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:blij4e$lo0$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> Have you installed the security updates to block the Blaster and Welchia
> worms?

yep, the system is currently up to date... sp1 also installed... no new
patches in my windows update.

the system now is newly installed with all patches applied.

thanks

Acid

Have you checked the XP event logs? That may give some helpful info as to
what happened.

texan@texas.usa.com

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 00:55:48 +0000 (UTC), Myname <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[msge snipped]
>can anyone help!?
>
>i'm getting this msg
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
>A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
>damage to your computer.

I get this once or twice a month for no reason at all!
This has only happened since I started downloading the updates!

Dell USA tech dept after having a hdd failure earlier this year, told
me NOT to update any XP updates from M$!

The last time, something flashed up about mozilla [spg].

When I finally got back up, found I had lost my Netscape boomark and
Netscape is not working as it once was even though I have downloaded
and reinstalled it.

Cath

Andrew

Howd you paste that message into here?

"Myname" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> can anyone help!?
>
> i'm getting this msg
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer.
>
> A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC
> routine.
>
> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
>
> Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
> If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
> for any windows updates you might need.
>
> If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
> software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
> If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart
> your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
> Select Safe Mode.
>
> "Unreadable characters here"
>
> *** STOP: 0x000000B8 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>

> Beginning dump of physical memory
> Physical memory dump complete.
> Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
> assistance.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> newly installed system without kazaa lite intalled(had trouble with it
> b4)
> no overclocking, no memory tweaking(BIOS set as what the module says 3-3-
> 3, crashed often with by the SPD setting)
>

> thanks in advance

Bobs

Methinks I got some similar **** as that when I had blaster and their ilk.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

I would download stinger just to make sure you don't have some variant
of blaster.

Myname wrote:

> can anyone help!?
>
> i'm getting this msg
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer.
>
> A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC
> routine.
>
> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
>
> Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
> If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
> for any windows updates you might need.
>
> If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
> software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
> If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart
> your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
> Select Safe Mode.
>
> "Unreadable characters here"
>
> *** STOP: 0x000000B8 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>

> Beginning dump of physical memory
> Physical memory dump complete.
> Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
> assistance.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> newly installed system without kazaa lite intalled(had trouble with it
> b4)
> no overclocking, no memory tweaking(BIOS set as what the module says 3-3-
> 3, crashed often with by the SPD setting)
>

> thanks in advance

Steven H

In article <%U5fb.5912$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Howd you paste that message into here?

umm, wrote it down on paper

once a comp BSOD's thats it you cant do **** with it.

Steven H

Enkidu

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 01:38:05 +0000 (UTC), Myname <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:blij4e$lo0$1
>@lust.ihug.co.nz:
>
>> Have you installed the security updates to block the Blaster and Welchia
>> worms?

>yep, the system is currently up to date... sp1 also installed... no new
>patches in my windows update.
>
>the system now is newly installed with all patches applied.

Are you sure? That's classic Blaster.

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.