Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox won't open links in new browser or if I hit Ctrl-N

Firefox won't open links in new browser or if I hit Ctrl-N

mrH

Hello all.

Firefox won't open links in new browser or if I hit Ctrl-N

Firefox won't open links in a new browser. You know, links that are external
won't open in a new browser. I have to right click and then hit tab to open
the link in a new tab.

The open in new window won't work on the file menu or the right click menu.

None of the bookmarks on the Bookmark toolbar will work. The one's that open
external browsers just show an hour glass.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915
Firefox/1.0.7 (ax)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peace.

gwtc

mrH wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Firefox won't open links in new browser or if I hit Ctrl-N
>

> Firefox won't open links in a new browser. You know, links that are external
> won't open in a new browser. I have to right click and then hit tab to open
> the link in a new tab.
>
> The open in new window won't work on the file menu or the right click menu.
>
> None of the bookmarks on the Bookmark toolbar will work. The one's that open
> external browsers just show an hour glass.
>

> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915
> Firefox/1.0.7 (ax)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Peace.

I see you're using active-X! Is this true? If so, then try and get
rid of that extension and maybe your problems will go away.

mrH

How do I do that?

Thanks.
news:dvdg6q$ch6$(E-Mail Removed)...

mrH wrote:
> How do I do that?
>
> Thanks.
> "gwtc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dvdg6q$ch6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>mrH wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all.
>>>
>>>Firefox won't open links in new browser or if I hit Ctrl-N
>>>

>>>Firefox won't open links in a new browser. You know, links that are
>>>external won't open in a new browser. I have to right click and then hit
>>>tab to open the link in a new tab.
>>>
>>>The open in new window won't work on the file menu or the right click
>>>menu.
>>>
>>>None of the bookmarks on the Bookmark toolbar will work. The one's that
>>>open external browsers just show an hour glass.
>>>

>>>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915
>>>Firefox/1.0.7 (ax)
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance for any help.
>>>
>>>Peace.
>>>

>>I see you're using active-X! Is this true? If so, then try and get rid
>>of that extension and maybe your problems will go away.

Tools, Extension, and look for the active-x extension and disable or
remove it.