Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > how to delete trickler?

how to delete trickler?

Brett Dale

It seems my computer has the "trickler" programme, how do i go about
deleting it? what folder will be it in?

Nicholas Sherlock

Brett Dale wrote:
> It seems my computer has the "trickler" programme, how do i go about
> deleting it? what folder will be it in?

Search your computer for fsg.exe, fsg-ag.exe, fsg*.exe and delete them (May
need to delete from safe mode).

A program such as Spybot Search & Destroy may also take care of it.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Max Burke

> Brett Dale scribbled:
> It seems my computer has the "trickler" programme, how do i go about
> deleting it? what folder will be it in?

The 'hard' way....
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...are.gator.html

The Easy way;

Download Adaware6:
http://www.lsfileserv.com/

And Spybot:
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Install and run both regularly......

--
mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
See Found Images at:

steve

Max Burke allegedly said:

> The Easy way;
>
> Download Adaware6:
> http://www.lsfileserv.com/
>
> And Spybot:
> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>
> Install and run both regularly......

That and anti-virus software are the sort of crap you have to put up with on
Windows.

Yes, Max,...this is a troll.

techie

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:31:04 -0700, Max Burke wrote:

>> Brett Dale scribbled:
>> It seems my computer has the "trickler" programme, how do i go about
>> deleting it? what folder will be it in?

> The 'hard' way....
> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...are.gator.html
>
> The Easy way;
>
> Download Adaware6:
> http://www.lsfileserv.com/
>
> And Spybot:
> http://www.safer-networking.org/

Download Linux:
http://www.linuxiso.org

And never be bothered by viruses, trojans, or spyware again.

T.N.O.

"steve" wrote
> > Install and run both regularly......

> That and anti-virus software are the sort of crap you have to put up with

on
> Windows.

Only if dumb enough not to be security concious.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

steve wrote:
> Max Burke allegedly said:
>

>>The Easy way;
>>
>>Download Adaware6:
>>http://www.lsfileserv.com/
>>
>>And Spybot:
>>http://www.safer-networking.org/
>>
>>Install and run both regularly......

> That and anti-virus software are the sort of crap you have to put up with on
> Windows.
>
> Yes, Max,...this is a troll.

Don't do that Steve, you'll get me started again!

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch.

steve

T.N.O. allegedly said:

> "steve" wrote
>> > Install and run both regularly......

>> That and anti-virus software are the sort of crap you have to put up with

> on
>> Windows.

> Only if dumb enough not to be security concious.

That includes 95% of home users....

geoffm

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:33:24 -0700, techie <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>And never be bothered by viruses, trojans, or spyware again.

.... of course you won't be actually able to use your computer and old
programs without much hassle either, but you will be safe...

T.N.O.

"steve" wrote
> > Only if dumb enough not to be security concious.

> That includes 95% of home users....

So if all those users were to switch to Linux then the same problems will
occur... nice to see someone else finally see it for what it is, a user
training issue...