Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise Christchurch sucks!

Paradise Christchurch sucks!

Mainlander

For the last week I have endured bad connections, inability to connect to
mail servers or surf, have to try another connection, reconnect later or
use another ISP.

This is still happening as of date and it seems simply ridiculous to have
it going on for such a long time. In the interests of saving on ISP bills
I am considering switching to Xtra if Paradise doesn't fix this problem.

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:28:52 +1200, in article
<(E-Mail Removed) >, Mainlander wrote:

> For the last week I have endured bad connections, inability to connect to
> mail servers or surf, have to try another connection, reconnect later or
> use another ISP.
>
> This is still happening as of date and it seems simply ridiculous to have
> it going on for such a long time. In the interests of saving on ISP bills
> I am considering switching to Xtra if Paradise doesn't fix this problem.

No such problem here in AK.

Is it affected by which Paradise dial-up number you use?

Paradise NZ Wide 086 727 234
Paradise IPNet 087 307 272
Paradise Christchurch POP (03) 982-6131

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

Kookaburra

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:28:52 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>For the last week I have endured bad connections, inability to connect to
>mail servers or surf, have to try another connection, reconnect later or
>use another ISP.

I've put it down to the school holidays with more kids playing games,
surfing etc.
Since last Monday I've had the overload message at dial-up quite
regularly. I'm at the bottom of the North Island.

Cheers, Kooky

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:28:52 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>
> >For the last week I have endured bad connections, inability to connect to
> >mail servers or surf, have to try another connection, reconnect later or
> >use another ISP.
> >

> I've put it down to the school holidays with more kids playing games,
> surfing etc.
> Since last Monday I've had the overload message at dial-up quite
> regularly. I'm at the bottom of the North Island.

How long to the school holidays last?

T.N.O.

"Mainlander" wrote
> For the last week I have endured bad connections, inability to connect to
> mail servers or surf, have to try another connection, reconnect later or
> use another ISP.
> This is still happening as of date and it seems simply ridiculous to have
> it going on for such a long time. In the interests of saving on ISP bills
> I am considering switching to Xtra if Paradise doesn't fix this problem.

Are you 100% sure that the problem isnt your end... I mean $50000 gear
usually has less faults than $60 modems.

Kookaburra

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:39:18 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:28:52 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>>
>> >For the last week I have endured bad connections, inability to connect to
>> >mail servers or surf, have to try another connection, reconnect later or
>> >use another ISP.
>> >

>> I've put it down to the school holidays with more kids playing games,
>> surfing etc.
>> Since last Monday I've had the overload message at dial-up quite
>> regularly. I'm at the bottom of the North Island.

>How long to the school holidays last?

It's usually only a couple of weeks. I would say it's back to school
next week for them.

Cheers, Kooky

Mainlander

In article <bl81pp$91b1j$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Mainlander" wrote
> > For the last week I have endured bad connections, inability to connect to
> > mail servers or surf, have to try another connection, reconnect later or
> > use another ISP.
> > This is still happening as of date and it seems simply ridiculous to have
> > it going on for such a long time. In the interests of saving on ISP bills
> > I am considering switching to Xtra if Paradise doesn't fix this problem.

> Are you 100% sure that the problem isnt your end... I mean $50000 gear
> usually has less faults than $60 modems.

Any time I disconnect and hook up to Xtra, works totally fine.

Have two PCs here, different modems in each one, different spec etc, same
problems.

T.N.O.

"Mainlander" wrote
> Any time I disconnect and hook up to Xtra, works totally fine.

All this can sometime confirm is that the ISPs have the same gear... if the
connection is going straight to IPnet, then this is 100% the case... but
your second point below covers this.

> Have two PCs here, different modems in each one, different spec etc, same
> problems.

Phone line... what else do you have plugged in, cordless phones, faxes,
answering machines?

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:12:06 +1200, T.N.O. wrote:

> Are you 100% sure that the problem isnt your end... I mean $50000 gear
> usually has less faults than $60 modems.

You'd be surprised, to say the least.

$60 modem makers can't afford to have a 0.5% failure rate.

$50k gear seems to have failure rates significantly higher than that.

Andrew

Doesnt mean they cant have problems...

news:bl81pp$91b1j$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...