Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Free utilities

Free utilities

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:48:51 +1200, bt wrote:

> I prefer antivir over AVG - less bullshit fluffy user interface. Just
> the facts, ma'am.

F-prot command line version is _still_ free for home use and still one of
the absolute best out there.

www.f-prot.com

nobody760

My apologies to WinZip - indeed it is not free - I shall chastise and
scourge myself!

Thanks for the advice and suggestions - have loaded a few of them down.

In the land of the blind a one-eyed man is king.

tim

!!!Fastfolders!!!

lets u navigate directories from the context menu

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:

> >In article <bl0rgo$ila$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >(E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> I have these on my machine
> >>
> >> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> >> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003

AVG6

> >> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
> >>
> >> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of

this
> >> NG find useful and 'must haves'.

> >See
> >
> >http://quantum.fateback.com/freeware/
> >
> >run by a Kiwi out of Dunedin.
> >

> >BTW WinZip has never been free as far as I know.

> And JV16 Power tools is no longer free.

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:26:52 +1200, tim wrote:

> !!!Fastfolders!!!

Open Office

Abiword

-=rjh=-

Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:26:52 +1200, tim wrote:
>
>> !!!Fastfolders!!!
>>

> Open Office
>
> Abiword

Note Abiword V2.0 has just been released - lots of new features (eg tables).

T.N.O.

"-=rjh=-" wrote
> > Abiword

> Note Abiword V2.0 has just been released - lots of new features (eg

tables).

heh, tables, a new feature.

Fred the Fish

"The Flash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Uugdb.160625$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Winzip has NEVER been free!

My Winzip has ALWAYS been free

---
Outgoing mail is probably Virus Free.

T.N.O.

"Fred the Fish" wrote
> My Winzip has ALWAYS been free

I bought my copy about 6 years ago... winzip 3 from memory... cost me $5 US
and it has free upgrade rights to the latest one.

E.

nobody760 wrote:

> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
> NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
> Cheers people.

yahoopops.sourceforge.net - download yahoo mail to any email client.
sourceforge.net has to be one of the best open source sites I've seen.
Ever.
E.