Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Free utilities

Free utilities

nobody760

I have these on my machine

Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6

All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.

I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
NG find useful and 'must haves'.

Cheers people.

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:57:43 +0100, "nobody760" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have these on my machine
>
>Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
>HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
>All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.

Some are no longer free and some are Crap, you do get what you pay for in the
end.

>I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
>NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
>Cheers people.

Keith

In article <bl0rgo$ila$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
> NG find useful and 'must haves'.

See

http://quantum.fateback.com/freeware/

run by a Kiwi out of Dunedin.

BTW WinZip has never been free as far as I know.

PseUDO

"nobody760" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bl0rgo$ila$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
> NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
> Cheers people.

Here's some more all FREE

Encounter 2003 (sound editor)
http://www.waschbusch.com/software.asp

Photo Plus 5.5 (Graphics editor)
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/serif/ph/ph5/index.asp

Google Toolbar (Pop-Up stopper)
http://toolbar.google.com/

Open Office
http://www.openoffice.org/

PseUDO

Wyn

nobody760 wrote:
> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003
> AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's
> of this NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
> Cheers people.

DBXtract Extracts emails from OE
Passkeeper Lists passwords in encrypted form
FBBackup Self explanatory
FontXplorer Prints out fonts with ASCII numbers, Removes unwanted
fonts.
OEQuotefix Improves OE formatting, esp when replying.
Irfanview Slide viewer

Invisible

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:09:58 +1200, Big (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Some are no longer free and some are Crap, you do get what you pay for in the
>end.

Like Kerio?

Invisible

wrote:

>I have these on my machine
>
>Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
>HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
>All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
>I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
>NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
>Cheers people.

SpywareBlaster
SpywareGuard
PcInspector File Recovery

Wyn

Big (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:57:43 +0100, "nobody760"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have these on my machine
>>
>> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
>> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003
>> AVG6
>>
>> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.

> Some are no longer free and some are Crap, you do get what you pay
> for in the end.

He's back again. Must be a software salesman.

-=rjh=-

nobody760 wrote:

> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of
> this NG find useful and 'must haves'.

WinZip isn't free AFAIK. Look for an old version of PowerArchiver (6.1 -
look for powerarc61.exe) which really is free, and is excellent.

cheers

bambam

"nobody760" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bl0rgo$ila$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools
> Aida32 HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget
> 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that
> member's of this NG find useful and 'must haves'.

The best ones are here, as voted by the participants of
alt.comp.freeware-

http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/about2003PL.htm

--
If Guys Ruled the World............
Daisy Duke shorts would never go out of style again.