Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telecom say we are the good guys with broadband !

Telecom say we are the good guys with broadband !

KS

"Chris Thompson, Telecom's head of Internet and online marketing, says the
company is just giving the market what it has asked for."

"most of Telecom's almost 50,000 residential broadband customers were
interested in cost, and not "a flat rate and high traffic".

Lordy lordy. A marketing chief, out of touch with his market. Sounds
fantastic don't you think ?!

max

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:29:25 +1200, "KS" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Chris Thompson, Telecom's head of Internet and online marketing, says the
>company is just giving the market what it has asked for."
>
>"most of Telecom's almost 50,000 residential broadband customers were
>interested in cost, and not "a flat rate and high traffic".
>
>Lordy lordy. A marketing chief, out of touch with his market. Sounds
>fantastic don't you think ?!

Remember his spin doctors would have written that in reponse to the
bundling recommendation. They would basically say anything now to
defend themselves ater the CC report for unbundling. I don't remember
being asked if I wanted a chice between flat rate or lower cost, so
how could Telcom say that.
They have just spent $100000 on thier new logo and the small
animation, which is nothing special, so they obviously are making alot
of money

Gavin Tunney

wrote:

>"Chris Thompson, Telecom's head of Internet and online marketing, says the
>company is just giving the market what it has asked for."
>
>"most of Telecom's almost 50,000 residential broadband customers were
>interested in cost, and not "a flat rate and high traffic".
>
>Lordy lordy. A marketing chief, out of touch with his market. Sounds
>fantastic don't you think ?!

If you really want a laugh then check out their mobile jetstream
plans;

http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,3...200509,00.html

The top plan;

Mobile Data 300. For extremely heavy data users, who use their laptop
every day - especially if sending or receiving images, sound or film
clips

$375.00 per month
300MB limit
2.0c per 10k over the limit

How many sound & film clips can you send for 300mb.

Keeping the old OS patched wouldn't be a cheap excercise.

Gavin

Bruce Simpson

wrote:

>"Chris Thompson, Telecom's head of Internet and online marketing, says the
>company is just giving the market what it has asked for."
>
>"most of Telecom's almost 50,000 residential broadband customers were
>interested in cost, and not "a flat rate and high traffic".
>
>Lordy lordy. A marketing chief, out of touch with his market. Sounds
>fantastic don't you think ?!

Today's Aardvark addresses the issue of exactly who Telecom want as
DSL customers.

steve

KS allegedly said:

> "Chris Thompson, Telecom's head of Internet and online marketing, says the
> company is just giving the market what it has asked for."

What was the question?

> "most of Telecom's almost 50,000 residential broadband customers were
> interested in cost, and not "a flat rate and high traffic".

What was the question?

> Lordy lordy. A marketing chief, out of touch with his market. Sounds
> fantastic don't you think ?!

I get tired of liars/spin-meisters like Chris Thompson and Telecom. I don't
know who they think they are fooling.

Peter

this quote is from Gordon of Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:24 :
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:24:27 +1200, Bruce Simpson wrote:
>> Today's Aardvark addresses the issue of exactly who Telecom want as
>> DSL customers.

> Soory the sponsor's ad put an end to my reading.

You're the one who is missing out, then.
The Aardvark site is worth reading, and sponsorship by some company doesn't
mean they have bought it.

Peter

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:29:21 +1200, steve wrote:

> I get tired of liars/spin-meisters like Chris Thompson and Telecom. I don't
> know who they think they are fooling.

Thompson is quite happy to perjure himself in court, I don't think he'd
even blink while lieng to the media.

T.N.O.

"Uncle StoatWarbler" wrote
> > I get tired of liars/spin-meisters like Chris Thompson and Telecom. I

don't
> > know who they think they are fooling.

> Thompson is quite happy to perjure himself in court, I don't think he'd
> even blink while lieng to the media.

That fact is, if you believe that to the nest of your knowledge, that your
telling the truth, you can usually get away with it... so he probably
literally has no idea.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Uncle StoatWarbler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:10:02 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>
>>>Uh, no. In this case we have quite explicit shutdown threats being made
>>>by telephone and email (all archived), vs claims in court that he had no
>>>intention of shutting things down.

>> But HE might not have known that ?

>He was the one making the phone calls and the court statements...

... then he must have been providing the usual telecom service (meaning number
2 in your dictionary ... bulls/cows etc ).

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !

Uncle StoatWarbler