Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LILO or other boot-loader on CDR?

LILO or other boot-loader on CDR?

cowboyz

"Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:bkjlvj$epk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:49:36 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
> >
> > > My HDDs are full. As soon as I can rob a bank or something I'll be

> putting a
> > > new HDD in my machine. I currently triple-boot between 98SE, XP Pro

and
> > > Mandrake 9.1.

> > Why are you hanging onto win 98SE, given you have XP pro?

> I have 98 on my computer because Pod Racer refuses to play on XP. The

screen
> goes all white as it's counting down to the start.
>
> Stuart

huh. dunno what up with that. I was just playing pod racer before coming
online using XP.
\

Allistar

Gordon wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:49:36 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> My HDDs are full. As soon as I can rob a bank or something I'll be
>> putting a new HDD in my machine. I currently triple-boot between 98SE, XP
>> Pro and Mandrake 9.1.

> Why are you hanging onto win 98SE, given you have XP pro?
>
> --
> Gordon

Funny, I was going ask "why are you hanging on to XP when you have
Mandrake".

Allistar.

~misfit~

"Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Q8zbb.3066$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gordon wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:49:36 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
> >
> >> My HDDs are full. As soon as I can rob a bank or something I'll be
> >> putting a new HDD in my machine. I currently triple-boot between 98SE,

XP
> >> Pro and Mandrake 9.1.

> > Why are you hanging onto win 98SE, given you have XP pro?
> >
> > --
> > Gordon

> Funny, I was going ask "why are you hanging on to XP when you have
> Mandrake".

Because I'm a bit of a gamer and my games that I have invested quite a few
dollars in don't run on Linux.
--
~misfit~

---

Allistar

~misfit~ wrote:

> "Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zzJbb.3112$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>

>> > "Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:Q8zbb.3066$(E-Mail Removed)...

> 98SE,
>> > XP

>> > Because I'm a bit of a gamer and my games that I have invested quite a

> few
>> > dollars in don't run on Linux.
>> > --
>> > ~misfit~

>> Fair enough. I used to be a gamer as well, playing Quake 1 and Tribes

> until
>> all hours of the morning. I started to work out how much time I spent
>> playing games per week and multiplied that by the hourly rate I get as a
>> contractor. The result: I no longer play games. I don't miss it that
>> much.

> I'm on a disability allowance and am seriously compromised in what I can
> physically do. TV sucks in general so it's usenet and gaming for me. I
> wish I could use my time more profitably.
> --
> ~misfit~

I do all of my work sitting in front of a computer, and as long as you can
do that for extended periods of time you can trade your gaming in for
productive work just as I did. (Actually, I wish my work was more physical
so I didn't have to eat carrots and rice crackers all day from preventing
the kgs from increasing).

Allistar.

~misfit~

"Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsCocb.3570$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>

> > "Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:zzJbb.3112$(E-Mail Removed)...

be

> > 98SE,

> > few
> >>
> >> Fair enough. I used to be a gamer as well, playing Quake 1 and Tribes

> > until
> >> all hours of the morning. I started to work out how much time I spent
> >> playing games per week and multiplied that by the hourly rate I get as

> >> contractor. The result: I no longer play games. I don't miss it that
> >> much.

> > I'm on a disability allowance and am seriously compromised in what I can
> > physically do. TV sucks in general so it's usenet and gaming for me. I
> > wish I could use my time more profitably.
> > --
> > ~misfit~

> I do all of my work sitting in front of a computer, and as long as you can
> do that for extended periods of time you can trade your gaming in for
> productive work just as I did. (Actually, I wish my work was more physical
> so I didn't have to eat carrots and rice crackers all day from preventing
> the kgs from increasing).

I can sit in front of a computer for an hour or two at a time without
needing a walk around or a 10 minute lie-down. If I could work from home it
would be great but driving kills me. It usually takes a an hour to get over
a 10 minute drive. I even have to time my trips to the supermarket to
be within an hour or so of taking my painkillers.

LOL, bugger the carrots and rice crackers.
--
~misfit~

---

Lilo Mark Robinson NZ Computing 15 03-27-2006 12:47 AM
Command to send messages to the other user who is in other line on Cisco Router Chennak Cisco 1 10-28-2005 10:33 AM
LILO - Keytable read/checksum error Graeme NZ Computing 5 07-28-2005 08:52 AM
Iron Giant/Lilo & Stitch SE's?... Stychentyme DVD Video 1 05-09-2004 12:59 AM
alternative to grub/lilo Hard Fiskur Computer Support 19 10-25-2003 02:04 PM

Advertisments