Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP Computer Warehouse

XP Computer Warehouse

Rhys Akers

Gidday...

Looking at the deal for Sony DRU510A DVD Writer +100 DVDs from this outfit
but I'm in Christchurch....
Anybody had any dealings with this lot??

Cheers
Rhys

TufCookie

> Gidday...
>
> Looking at the deal for Sony DRU510A DVD Writer +100 DVDs from this outfit
> but I'm in Christchurch....
> Anybody had any dealings with this lot??
>
> Cheers
> Rhys

Bought a couple of items off them with no problem.
Some good bargain on their clearance table in the shop.
No experience dealing with them online though.

Howard

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:12:11 +1200, Rhys Akers wrote:

> Gidday...
>
> Looking at the deal for Sony DRU510A DVD Writer +100 DVDs from this outfit
> but I'm in Christchurch....
> Anybody had any dealings with this lot??

I bought several bits of kit from these guys.

Best to ring them first, as so far all of their best prices as identified
by pricespy.co.nz have all turned out to be 'sold out' when you go to
order.

English is their second language, so problems can be difficult to
explain.

But hey - I'm still buying kit from them.

-H

SteveM

"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:12:11 +1200, Rhys Akers wrote:
>
>> Gidday...
>>
>> Looking at the deal for Sony DRU510A DVD Writer +100 DVDs from this
>> outfit but I'm in Christchurch....
>> Anybody had any dealings with this lot??

> I bought several bits of kit from these guys.
>
> Best to ring them first, as so far all of their best prices as
> identified by pricespy.co.nz have all turned out to be 'sold out' when
> you go to order.

Interesting - The same thing happened to me... Coincidence?

SteveM

Howard

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:44:04 +0000, SteveM wrote:

>> Best to ring them first, as so far all of their best prices as
>> identified by pricespy.co.nz have all turned out to be 'sold out' when
>> you go to order.

> Interesting - The same thing happened to me... Coincidence?
>
> SteveM

It has happened too often to me for it to be anything other than
intentional.

But to be fair, when pressed they have supplied more expensively priced
items at the lower items price. The problem with that is I usually
research the item I'm buying before committing, and them swaping in some
other item (while I standing in their store) deprives me of the benefits
of that research.

Still, so far (where's some wood?) the substitute kit thay've supplied has
been unbranded but nevertheless works well, and I'd buy again from them.