Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > P4 Extreme Edition!

P4 Extreme Edition!

T.N.O.

" Pentium 4 Extreme Edition was the star of that keynote, as our readers
knew. Extra 2 MB L3 cache on top of the existing 512 KB L2, plus keeping all
the nice 3.2+ GHz clock and 800 MHz FSB, plus "possibly" a reliable,
well-tested repackaged XeonMP die used (sorry, this one just a baseless
speculation). "

from here.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11604

First mention of it was at IDF.

T.N.O.

"I" wrote
> from here.
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11604

and here...

samg

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bkb22q$r6314$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> " Pentium 4 Extreme Edition was the star of that keynote, as our
> readers knew. Extra 2 MB L3 cache on top of the existing 512 KB L2,
> plus keeping all the nice 3.2+ GHz clock and 800 MHz FSB, plus
> "possibly" a reliable, well-tested repackaged XeonMP die used (sorry,
> this one just a baseless speculation). "
>
> from here.
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11604
>
> First mention of it was at IDF.

Coming soon, AMD Super Duper Mega Wammie+ Edition

T.N.O.

"samg" wrote
> Coming soon, AMD Super Duper Mega Wammie+ Edition

ooh ooh, I want one.

The Hobbit

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkbecu$qk86m$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "samg" wrote
> > Coming soon, AMD Super Duper Mega Wammie+ Edition

> ooh ooh, I want one.

But you'll need four - that's the hyper-wizzo-quadrific processor edition