Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > help with cpu temperatures

help with cpu temperatures

max barwell

I have a AMD barton 2500+, and I have overclocked it to 2 GHz, I have a
soltek SL-75MRN-L mobo and a volcano 9 heatink, the mobo comes with a cpu
monitoring program, however I'm a little confused, one temperature says,
CPU die: Reads thermal diode through I/O sensor, this is 45,
the other says,
ABS II: Reads thermal diode through IC LM90, this is 58.

There is no mention of whether they are centigrade or farenheit, although
I assume centigrade. Which temp should I be taking note of, if I am too
worry about overheating, sorry if this is a stupid question, googling
has not provided concrete answers.

regards max

Testing the following scenarios (of 2 temperatures in Celsius and Fahrenheit) mandy Java 8 03-25-2006 11:44 PM
amd athlon 2700+ XP temperatures EvilGodShooter Computer Support 7 04-21-2005 10:07 PM
Checking system temperatures Ronnie G Computer Support 10 08-21-2004 07:34 PM
temperatures drvnguy Computer Support 3 09-03-2003 11:10 PM
Hard Drive Temperatures kerplunkuk Computer Support 3 07-10-2003 07:15 PM

Advertisments